Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bob_newhart OP t1_jegb87r wrote

Lets try it. I am not familiar with fallout boy but stuff like nebraska by bruce springsteen or Bob Dylan songs definitely has a vibe I could see books having:

"Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowell - This coming-of-age romancefollows two misfit teens who bond over their shared love of music,including Fall Out Boy. -

"The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky - This classicnovel is about a high school freshman named Charlie who struggles to fitin until he becomes friends with a group of seniors who introduce himto new music, including Fall Out Boy. -

"The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green - This heart-wrenching romancefeatures a protagonist who is a big fan of Fall Out Boy and other emobands. -

"Paper Towns" by John Green - This mystery novel features a protagonistwho loves Fall Out Boy and other pop punk bands, and embarks on a questto find a missing girl he's in love with. -

"Looking for Alaska" by John Green - This novel follows a teenage boywho falls in love with a mysterious girl at boarding school, andfeatures a soundtrack that includes Fall Out Boy and other alternativebands.

​

You could also enter a specific song if you wanted to find some reccomendations based on songs.

HauntedReader t1_jegf207 wrote

And here is the problem: I enjoy none of these books and would say that none of them (despite mentioning FOB) have a "vibe" with their music.

I just feel like correlating music to books is something that doesn't really work.