Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

the-real-wolf-girl t1_iu00n29 wrote

For someone who wanted out of the press, he's sure doing everything he can to stay in it.

Marionberry-Charming t1_iu0uzkq wrote

Not only that but is also openly saying how he is jealous of his sibling. Was Margaret ever openly against her sister? Did Charles's siblings hate him for being born first? It's like they are advertising that you should never have siblings because they see them as some sort of competition.

OffreingsForThee t1_iu4fur5 wrote

>Was Margaret ever openly against her sister?

Yes, she showed out many times at the annoyance of the RF. But, the RF was so small that they didn't have backup options so it's not like the Queen could or wanted to replace her as a working royal. Now the core family is large and they have options.

>Did Charles's siblings hate him for being born first?

Stop the drama! There is no proof that Harry hates his family or that Charles siblings hate him. But we do know that Charles and Andrew have never gotten along. Charles made it clear that Andrew's kids would never be considered core members of the family which made Andrew angry.

>It's like they are advertising that you should never have siblings because they see them as some sort of competition.

It all depends how they are raised. I assume, though don't know, that there was some parental gap between Diana's death and Harry's adulthood. It's said that William, a typical teenager, ignored Harry while at school. So these boys are in boarding school, their doting mother is dead, and all they have are teachers and a seemingly distant father. I can see how he could feel like an afterthought.

But, Harry is still a rich, titled, privileged man so these are the tears and drama of a 1%er.

GringottsWizardBank t1_itzysdd wrote

So January is when his family drops him for good I suppose.

stirrainlate t1_iu04mnb wrote

I don’t have any interest in reading it, but man that is an excellent title.

NunsNunchuck t1_iu0of3f wrote

STRIKE that comment. It is a TURKEY of a title, just utterly GUTTER trash.

stirrainlate t1_iu0pe6k wrote

I see you and I have SPLIT views on the subject.

OffreingsForThee t1_iu4f2u2 wrote

Polarizing title is the mark of a good title when it comes to memoirs. In my opinion. There are so many out there that you've got to find a way to be above the noise.

Grinton t1_iuht5en wrote

These comments deserve to be put in a FRAME so I can PIN them up.

Xanariel t1_iu1dc7e wrote

I wonder if this book is actually going to address any of Harry’s less than savoury scandals like the fact that he cheated at his A-levels (without which he would never have even had his army career), got let off by the police despite being the prime suspect in the shooting of an endangered bird, and of course, happily used racial slurs himself.

Or if it’s all going to be about his trauma that he was only about the fourth most privileged person in the country before his nephew displaced him.

OffreingsForThee t1_iu4eymr wrote

if he does address those things, will it make you feel better or will you have a new round of grievances to list?

−1

Johan_Dagaru t1_iu0hxoj wrote

Well another book I’m not going to give a sh*t about.

ComprehensiveHope314 t1_itzz7k7 wrote

Should be an interesting read.

noregrets2022 t1_iu041rf wrote

A shame that people will be making him even wealthier by buying his book. But when one is good for nothing of value, they can always fall on selling the gossip. Next stop - "Hello" and "OK" magazines.

elizabeth-cooper OP t1_iu04fz3 wrote

>Prince Harry’s proceeds from Spare will be given to charity.

cafelallave t1_iu08hs3 wrote

Which charity, his & Meghan’s? Honest question, though.

elizabeth-cooper OP t1_iu09oa7 wrote

>He has given $1.5m to Sentebale, an organisation he founded with Prince Seeiso of Lesotho in their mothers’ legacies, which supports vulnerable children and young people in Lesotho and Botswana affected by HIV/Aids.

>He will also donate £300,000 to WellChild, an organisation that makes it possible for children and young people with complex health needs to be cared for at home instead of hospital. He has been a patron of WellChild for 15 years.

cafelallave t1_iu0a8eq wrote

Thank you! He was paid a 20M advance, if reports are to be believed. Good to know those causes will be helped by this, at least.

noregrets2022 t1_iu04pvd wrote

That's what Amber Heard said ;)

−7

KingOffRoad t1_iu1hvpw wrote

Did Harry and Meghan cut you off in traffic or something? Why all this vitriol over people you'll never meet? Because they didn't like that the royal family was racist to their kid?

I can assure you that of the few people in the US who actually care about English news, most are more focused on whatever nonsense is going on with your prime ministers.

noregrets2022 t1_iu01c6s wrote

Guys from the US, could you tell me what is the general opinion of Harkle couple? They have very low ratings here in the UK. For somebody who is an insider of a Royal Family and knows that reputation for them is of utmost importance, he behaves in a completely inappropriate manner giving all these interviews and writing memoirs. I personally consider this a betrayal of trust and disgraceful. Can't even imagine Prince William and Katherine doing anything of this kind.

Are there many H&M fans in the the US?

peppermintvalet t1_iu02opz wrote

People who care about the mythology of the royal family don't like them or are neutral.

People who think it's a retrograde institution that shouldn't exist either are neutral or appreciate that they're being honest about what they've experienced.

People who only cared about Diana are either neutral for William's sake or rooting for the whole thing to come crashing down.

People who like drama find it hilarious that the firm is unable to control them.

Most people don't give a shit.

noregrets2022 t1_iu04e49 wrote

I bet there will be plenty of people buying the memoir. We'll see how many do give a sh*t. I suspect, quite a few but hope not.

peppermintvalet t1_iu052fn wrote

The US is huge and it doesn't take that many books sold to get on the bestseller list. Something like 5-10,000 to get on the NYT bestseller list. For amazon, it's less than 5000 upon release. In a country of over 200 million adults, that's peanuts. And Americans in general don't read many books lol.

If people do buy it it will be for the drama I expect.

Edit: the best selling book this year, Verity, has sold 3 million copies. Which sounds like a lot until you remember the 200 million adults in the country. Only 1.5% of the country bought it, less depending on how many of those sales were international. There is no real "cultural zeitgeist" in the US for books anymore.

lolbojack t1_iu03h4z wrote

As an American, they are like low level celebrities. A few people are interested, but most don't care anything about the royal family. Still bitter about Dianna maybe.

MyCatThinksImNeat t1_iu028w2 wrote

My personal xp in the US is polarized. We had people who knew essentially nothing about the Royal Family and just go "oH eM gEe! RoYaLtEeEeEe!!!1!" And follow all the news surrounding them, because when your life is so boring and revolves around gossip, the ROYAL gossip is the best kind right?

And the other half was "Oh yeah. Royalty. Neat. Anyway..."

There's no in between, from a personal standpoint.

[deleted] t1_iu09w0k wrote

Hmm.. not exactly very popular probably because Royals are mainly a British thing. Second, Meghan isn't exactly an A list celebrity so the buzz isn't the same as for instance compared to Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial.

KingOffRoad t1_iu0ojvx wrote

I can't imagine having an opinion one way or another about the rich grandkids of a dead racist tbh.

noregrets2022 t1_iu1azrg wrote

Sounds like a negative opinion.

KingOffRoad t1_iu1bmnv wrote

If you really want an opinion then fine, I definitely think they're better than ol Lizzie was. At least they never secretly changed the equal opportunity employment laws to specifically discriminate against people of color like she did. Nor did they campaign against a woman's right to get divorced like she did.

I'm not sure why you're up and down this thread trying to trash them. If you think they're an embarrassment or whatever, maybe you should focus on your prime ministers instead.

noregrets2022 t1_iu3ffua wrote

>At least they never secretly changed the equal opportunity employment laws to specifically discriminate against people of color like she did.

She could possibly do it even if she wanted, LOL. We have constitutional monarchy in the UK. Look up what it means.

I am up and down the thread because I want to. Certainly don't need you telling me on whom to focus instead of trash-talking about people in other countries. Focus on your senile president instead. The most powerful man in the world, my a*s. Forgetting names and falling over all the time. But, maybe, he's just right for you. After all, you voted him in ))) It makes one wonder...

Some Hollywood celebrity for president next time! At least, they will be presentable on public. Brain doesn't matter. Regan was senile his last years of presidency, Biden is senile - no problem.)))

You're welcome to it all. You were asking for it and I had to oblige. Don't think I'll have any more time for you, though. Hope it's ok.

AlunWeaver t1_iu03dm5 wrote

My mother clearly thinks little of him but is not going to say anything negative about any of Diana's children.

pinponpen t1_iu08nup wrote

Why do i picture bowling pins when i saw the title?

libramin t1_iu26awl wrote

Certainly, I have no love lost for the Royal Family, but Harry really seems to have an axe to grind.

Lots of little tidbids have leaked over the last few years, but I wonder how much of the friction between Megan and the other Royals is just culture clash between those that have had everything handed to them since birth, for very little, and someone, Megan, who has actually had to work for a living.

bob4041 t1_iu370nf wrote

So excited to read Spare. Pre-ordered a copy earlier today.

meablo t1_iu3awho wrote

The back cover says Tire.

OffreingsForThee t1_iu4g65b wrote

Have my pre-order purchased. I hope we get a good behind the scenes look at life as a royal. I don't much care about the Meghan years because it brought out too much ugliness in that family and country.

serahquinnzel t1_iueytzo wrote

I just want to know if he'll admit the Queen had his mother -slices neck-

Jk jk...but seriously, I sort of think Diana's death was weird and Megan keeps dressing up as his mom. Like, really?

I don't know. I feel bad for Harry in a sense. There's obviously a lot of problems between his wife and family and he's stuck in the middle and he can't seem to navigate. I hope it works out for him better than the other Spares in history as I won't be reading it.