Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BookieeWookiee t1_iy63lh2 wrote

{{Walter Moers}} {{Terry Pratchett}} {{Douglas Adams}} {{Pierce Brown}}

MNDSMTH t1_iy64iac wrote

Alystair Reynolds

lefthandedlibrarian t1_iy64nfv wrote

I second the Pratchett suggestion! The disc world series is wonderful and silly. The classics look good on shelves but they're not for everyone.

BookieeWookiee t1_iy66e6i wrote

If you love the wonderful and silly you would love the Walter Moers books too

tonytalkstech OP t1_iy66if8 wrote

Oh my goodness there are like FORTY of these?!

Dragon_Age_Fanatic t1_iy669vb wrote

1)The Shadow of What was Lost by James Islington 2)Legends and Lattes by Travis Bladree 3)Name of the Wind by Pratrick Rothfuss 4)The Druid by Jeff Wheeler 5)Leviathan Wakes by James S. A. Corey 6)Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb 7)The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon 8)Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff 9)Red Rising by Pierce Brown 10)Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames 11)Under the Whispering Door & House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune 12)A Time of Dread by John Gwynne 13)Good Omens by Niel Gaiman & Terry Pratchett 14)To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini (Eragon is good too, but it is YA -- Not sure if that bothers you) 15)The Ruin of Kings by Jenn Lyons 16)Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir 17)The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter 18)Fall to Earth by Ken Britz

I can probably recommend you more, but these are off the top of my head. Also, I've got tons of YA novels to recommend, but I'm not sure how you feel about them.

tonytalkstech OP t1_iy66h69 wrote

Me and YA get along real well. I’ll basically read anything that removes me from reality

CrazyCatLady108 t1_iy69chb wrote

Hi there. Per rule 3.3, please post book recommendation requests in /r/SuggestMeABook or in our Weekly Recommendation Thread. Thank you!