Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DaBi5cu1t t1_iwcyml3 wrote

Hello there.

Are you aware of the ongoing GameStop saga and how it is flying in the face of Wall Street. Retail investors registering their shares and making hedge funds go bust along the way? If not I can guide you. Would make some great material for a business based fiction based on real world events.

franhawthorne OP t1_iwd6yt6 wrote

Thanks for the idea! I've been slightly aware of the story, as much as any casual reader of the business pages, I guess. Why not try writing it yourself, or with a co-author who's experienced in the business-thriller genre? (There are lots of such books. I've reviewed about five of them for the New York Journal of Books.) It sounds like it would be very marketable.

I hope this helps. Thanks for following my AMA.

DaBi5cu1t t1_iwd7m4b wrote

I wouldn't know the first thing about writing fiction. My wife has had a go a couple times. She's gotten about a third of her way into writing two books then stops and gives up! Any idea how I can encourage her to keep at it?

franhawthorne OP t1_iwd89zn wrote

Of course she has to encourage herself, but maybe you could help -- for instance, offering to do more household chores? (Of course I have no idea how you two already divide the workload.) You could ask why she keeps stopping.