Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

bookworm579 OP t1_iximyqj wrote

It was really interesting to read especially in our current reality. There are a lot of "Futuristic" aspects that he refers to that are currently invented, but were not in the time of writing the book (Like television.) But with that in mind, he also touched on how those things can affect us negatively and kind of be a tool to drag us away from intelligence (for example, people spend hours scrolling on their phones instead of using that time to learn something, talk to people, read a book, etc.) It also has a lot of governmental aspects, how the government controls the people through that way but I don't want to spoil too much.

For me, I would say that all throughout the book it was cathartic. There were some really sad parts talking about people who haven't understood how important books were (if you read it you'll understand) and haven't been able to break out of the "spell." It was sad, but also eye opening.

I would say if you are into dystopian books that make you sad, rethink life and who we are as beings, this is a great book to read. I absolutely loved it.