Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

chalisa0 t1_iuyk6ho wrote

Go to the library. Most libraries have "recommended" books. Check the descriptions. If it sounds interesting, check it out. Look through different genres. Our tastes change and evolve. Also you might discover something you never thought you would like. I discovered I love mysteries in my late 30's. I thought I hated them, turns out I just didn't find authors I liked. Take as much time as you want. Check out lots of books. Take them home and read a chapter. You will know pretty quickly if you like it. If not, put it down and start a different book. Do not feel guilty. Only read books you enjoy. I don't waste my time reading books I don't like-theres too many good books to read. And don't let anybody tell you what types of books are good or bad. If you like romance or YA or classic literature-read it. Also, I really recommend the book clubs here, especially for longer books or harder literature. I find they add a lot to the books. People will add opinions or information about the author or story that is intriguing.

Ok_Ebb2671 OP t1_iuyx0ty wrote

I unfortunately cannot go to my local library since i somehow wracked up a 250$ fee with them when i was five, I do have access to my school library, but she doesn't put uo any recommended books just whatever is new. maybe I'll bring it up with the librarian

Ok_Ebb2671 OP t1_iuyz310 wrote

I unfortunately cannot go to my local library since i somehow wracked up a 250$ fee with them when i was five, I do have access to my school library, but she doesn't put uo any recommended books just whatever is new. maybe I'll bring it up with the librarian