Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

towapa t1_ivyq04n wrote

So I personally enjoyed the book and read it in 2 days. It was easy reading, I enjoyed the story line and liked some of the characters.

Saying that, there wasn't a lot of depth to the characters. Someone pointed out that it's great that Evelyn and Ceilia loved each other, but why? The author is basically like "Yep, they love each other." And that's it. WHY DO THEY LOVE ABOUT EACH OTHER! I also found the twist a bit... meh. And when Monique finally clocked on about her Dad after she read the letter, I was like REALLY? You finally realised!?

Edit: Also, I will never forgive TikTok for hyping It Ends With Us. Jesus christ that was a terrible book

cecamicio t1_ivz8xd0 wrote

>The author is basically like "Yep, they love each other." And that's it. WHY DO THEY LOVE ABOUT EACH OTHER!

This was my first thought after finishing the book, I expected it to be a light and entertaining story and it was, but I don't think their relationship was well written, and it's kinda the whole point...

Hi-isLiv OP t1_ivyqkai wrote

Right? How could she not see that!! Plus did they move the car? It’s weird.

Never trust the tok. I love fake guitar videos they post.

I went in with zero expectations on it ends with us and I enjoyed it more than this one. It isn’t great literature but it was a good day in the terrace.

towapa t1_ivyqw1k wrote

Yeah, I feel like they'd be witnesses if they tried to move the bodies, but hey ho..

See, I had zero expectations with 7 Husbands, so that's interesting!

cinnamondaisies t1_iw6tmtk wrote

More than the lack of depth, what really struck me is they all have the same voice if that makes sense (except for select cartoon villainesque sequitors and Monique’s entire character revolving around How Evelyn Changed My Pitiful Life)