Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Itsmiamiaa t1_j295vig wrote

Looking for recommendations for really any kind of books. I’m kind of over reading anything that has to do with the main character being a cop/detective. I recently started reading Colleen Hoover books and love everything I’ve read so far. However, I would like to take a break on her and get introduced to some new authors. I love suspenseful, but not too scary since the old time I really have to read is at night.

EloeOmoe t1_j29awus wrote

Maybe try Ken Follett? Historical drama, lots of suspense, can pick and choose books from lots of different historical periods, so you can find a setting that does it for you.

XBreaksYFocusGroup t1_j29btjq wrote

How you feel about the r/darkacademia subgenre? Maybe Bunny by Mona Awad (who will be doing an AMA here in February), If We Were Villains by M L Rio, The Magus by Jonathan Fowles, or The Secret History by Donna Tartt.

Fast_Split9849 t1_j29jbfk wrote

Maybe try some murder mystery? My favorite right now is In My Dreams I Hold A Knife by Ashley Winstead. The book is phenomenal.

tyktako t1_j2chskw wrote

try Six of crows by Leigh Bardugo The Silent Patient by Alex Michaeldies and Almond by Won Pyung Sohn if you like psychology Les miserables by Victor Hugo and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak for the classics I liked all of them ;)