Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Inspector_Tragic t1_j1a6v7n wrote

Clever, twists, authentic character growth, clear chronology even if theres alot of scene hopping(scene and time hop all u want as long as it comes together to make chronological sense), a story with a flow that sucks me in. I find that even if the events of the story itself is boring if someone has a good rhythm reading a boring story is much like enjoying a song uve never heard before, u just follow it to see where it goes. A good story leads u down a path that u are curious to walk down, even if the path seems bare and dull from my current viewpoint. An example is the ebb and flow of Zen and the art. If the story had less to it, I'd still enjoy reading it because the flow is soothing and reminiscent, like i am remembering something that never happened to me. Anything written in a way i feel like i am being brought into a perspective so directly that i can directly empathize is pretty good. I like to feel as tho i can experience emotionally what the characters are going through while also being able to make clear pictures of the events and plot. I like vivid sensory descriptions and understand how that input affects the characters. Nuance is delicious.