Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Conscious_Goose2256 OP t1_j29wuvn wrote

I have so many follow up questions. Is it super queer coded? I saw that the show kind of makes it seem like there’s tension between Louis and Lestat. I do enjoy that tension sometimes and I figured there’d be something because vampires are always made to be sensual

HauntedReader t1_j29xxn2 wrote

Interview is more reading-between-the-lines and unreliable narration when Louis is talking about his time with Lestat.

The Vampire Lestat, on the other hand, it's textual. Not traditional romance with kisses and sex but it's a romance in a vampire way and Lestat was canonically queer before he was turned into a vampire. I don't wanna spoil it by going into more details than that. Lestat and Louis are, for all intensive purpose, a couple and in love at different points throughout the timeline.

It's why people joke that Lestat babytrapped Louis with Claudia.

I haven't watched past the first episode of the show yet (it's on my list) but they definitely made the queerness far more textual than the books.

So in order of gayness, the movie had the least, the books had a vampire-level of gay and the show is queer af.

Conscious_Goose2256 OP t1_j29ykop wrote

Thank you 😂💕 I’m really excited to start the book I’ve been wanting to get it for at least ten years and I just never did