Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mareneli t1_j1zmstw wrote

LOL yeah. I still think you probably saw the complete novel version, which is 22 minutes longer than the original cut.

From Wikipedia: On September 20, 2005, Coppola re-released the film on DVD, including 22 minutes of additional footage and new music, as a 2-disc set called The Outsiders: The Complete Novel. Coppola re-inserted some deleted scenes to make the film more faithful to the book. This brought it up to a 114-minute running time. At the beginning of the film, he added scenes where Ponyboy gets stalked and jumped, the gang talks about going to the movies, Sodapop and Ponyboy talk in their room, and Dally, Pony, and Johnny bum around before going to the movies. In the end, Coppola added the scenes taking place in court, Mr. Syme talking to Ponyboy, and Sodapop, Ponyboy, and Darry in the park.

OddReputation3765 t1_j1zojyf wrote

Okay that makes so much sense. Myself and entire family sat in silence after it was done and we all had to confirm that we’ve actually seen this movie before 😂

OddReputation3765 t1_j1zol4q wrote

Also thank you so much for explaining in a nice way 🥺

mareneli t1_j1zq9i0 wrote

LOL no problem. I'm a middle school teacher and I've taught the novel for 15+ years, which means I have seen the movie over 60 times. 🤣 I'm just a little familiar with it.