Submitted by Itsmiamiaa t3_zz3kjg in books

I know there’s plenty of people who don’t enjoy Colleen Hoover books, but that’s not what this thread is about

So I loved this book, literally finished it in one night.. I just couldn’t stop reading. I know it’s older, but I just found out about it. Anyway, what do you guys think? I’m leaning more toward the manuscript because I can’t imagine writing about my own kids in that way.. plus the part where she said she tried to give herself an abortion and one of her daughters DID come out with a scar & if that was just made up then Jeremy would’ve questioned that part since she said she went to bed bleeding right? I finished it a few days ago and I can’t stop thinking about it😅

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bettydontboop t1_j298eru wrote

Disclaimer: This is the only Colleen Hoover book I read. Not a fan of the author, but I did finish the book. To me it was good until it wasn’t (discovery of the letter. From then on it was just bad. The bonus chapter made it even worse). I’m leaning towards manuscript, too. It didn’t make sense to me that Verity wouldn’t (couldn’t?) mention the manuscript to Jeremy especially after everything their family had been through.

Itsmiamiaa OP t1_j29cvge wrote

Right? Days after your daughter dies you wrote about how much you hated her? I’ve seen some theories believing the letter, but I’m just not convinced.

Muckefuck t1_j2a3sme wrote

I read this before the bonus chapter came out. I don’t want to reread it just for that. Can you summarize?

bettydontboop t1_j2aet2j wrote

I read it before the bonus came out too. I think I just found a link somewhere here on Reddit, in fact. But in a few sentences: >!they’re a “happy family”. They go to the beach. They see one of Verity’s old friends. She’s suspicious. Jeremy kills her.!<

Muckefuck t1_j2aj4u4 wrote

😂😂 I’m not missing anything then. Thank you.

bettydontboop t1_j2ajqlk wrote

Oh yeah I definitely regret wasting my time reading it lol

shrugaholic t1_j2apleu wrote

I haven’t read Verity (spoiled myself for it though) but I’ve seen some of the fans say that their rating changed (like it went down) after the special chapter. Do you agree with that? Did the extra chapter really ruin the plot that much?

bettydontboop t1_j2aqm65 wrote

Absolutely! It was a 2.5/5 for me before the bonus chapter. Brought my rating down to a 1/5, and I don’t think I’m giving CoHo another chance. (Not saying she doesn’t deserve her large following. I just don’t enjoy her writing.)

Itsmiamiaa OP t1_j2cflop wrote

I didn’t like the bonus chapter.. I wish I didn’t read it