Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j6b53rp wrote

when I'm about to choose what to read is one of the best parts.the second is to go to the bookstore to look for something that suits me.I am a big reader of novels, I also like travelogues a lot.Me is usually like being hungry for something, if that ever happened to you. It makes you crave pizza.I say to myself...

damn I would like to read A NICE MISTERY BOOK but in a noir style set in ,...And I look for what I need. Obviously, if it's something easy, I go to the bookstore, if it's something complex, I first search online.Then I take a few books, I compare them.....FOR AN HOUR...and I take them BOTH! :D

jebodiah93 OP t1_j6bj6uq wrote

I have never seen the term "travelogues" and did not realize genres got so specific. Cool to look into.

I do know what you are saying about getting a craving for one style. I do not think I have enough fiction under my belt to really understand what I am looking for all the time.

For example, early on I was asking about books similar to "Children of Time" and I got tons of sci-fi set in space. But I don't really care about far future or space as a setting, it was the feeling of seeing the growth of characters and cultures throughout generations.

[deleted] t1_j6d3bos wrote

if you like sci fi try something by Asimov.
If it doesn't work then try the expanse. they are lighter and more current. then there is a lot of action.
Every person is different and thinks differently, you will find your habits ;)