Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

localconfusi0n t1_j51cln9 wrote

Everyone he listed is a pretty popular author, so a lot of them will have translations into other languages

RaderH2O OP t1_j51f2t4 wrote

I want to read in English though. Not only is it better in the language it's written it, but also I want to improve my English too I guess

localconfusi0n t1_j51fecx wrote

In that case I would really recommend Brandon Sanderson. His books r great and his writing isn't all lofty, easy to understand

RaderH2O OP t1_j51fsp9 wrote

Oh my god, thanks for telling me an author whose books aren't that hard to read, I would've had to look through all those books just to find the author that was not too hard to read lol. Appreciate it! And thanks for putting the time in on commenting!

Ok-Enthusiasm-8052 t1_j521zbu wrote

Octavia Butler is great, too! She was a modern author who wrote in pretty standard prose. Her stuff is fantastic and weird.

localconfusi0n t1_j51hv98 wrote

No problem. And just gotta say, ur English seems pretty good, u might be underestimating urself

RaderH2O OP t1_j51jxbx wrote

Oh thank you!

But well, the more I learn, the more I feel like I know nothing of it, guess that applies to everything but it's true! There is just too much to learn! I still can't read a lot of great books like the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, solely because I'd have to lookup a word for every line I read, lol!

ak7887 t1_j525m1c wrote

Orson Scott Card is an author whose books are not too difficult and they are sci fi fantasy, some of his books have Christian themes but it's pretty subtle.