Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

No_Huckleberry7316 OP t1_ja911o8 wrote

I mean we keep turning up the thermostat because it feels cold (we sit pretty close to where the glass door is).

−14

aPirateNamedBeef t1_ja93oqi wrote

Try insulating that door better or sitting somewhere else. You can't heat your house to 73 degrees and not pay a ton of money.

Do you have a smart thermostat? Is it on a schedule and do you change the temperature when you are not home?

No_Huckleberry7316 OP t1_ja96tpr wrote

Yup, smart thermostat. I basically only know how to turn it up or down but never figured out how to get it to work on a schedule. It just goes back down to 60 degrees periodically until I turn it back up to 70+, which I'm learning that I shouldn't do.

GM_Pax t1_ja95psr wrote

The door is the culprit. Either rearrange things so you can sit further away (hard in a small floorplan, I know), or insulate it somehow. Try hanging heavy curtains across it, for example.

No_Huckleberry7316 OP t1_ja96zoh wrote

It won't be possible to rearrange stuff at this point but will look into the other insulation options - thank you!

GM_Pax t1_ja9k1kl wrote

One thing to do, that can test this without any cost? Hang up a comforter or a heavy blanket across the door. If that improves things, you know you need those heavy curtains.

:)

frankybling t1_ja9m3c8 wrote

Thermal curtains, they’re usually pretty ugly but they work really well when it’s cold out to stop drafts.