Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

modernhomeowner t1_ja9ay7o wrote

By the time your new supplier kicks in, we will be back to Summer rates May 1. This is something you should be doing every summer is shopping rates for winter. It is rare that I have seen a supply rate in Summer cheaper than National Grid's, but winter rates you can get a deal if you sign up in Summer for Winter. For this winter, I signed up for 12.69¢ in Summer, when National Grid's rate was 11¢; people thought I was crazy, but I knew that Winter rates are always higher than summer rates, and I'd end up saving. Two winters ago, I signed up at 9.5¢ at the end of summer, and that winter, National Grid's rate was 14¢. Always sign up in Summer to lock in a Winter Rate. Some people who locked in with a contract in December at 18¢ are sorry now seeing 13¢ options, and may be very sorry when National Grid's summer rates are announced.

Middle-Example6618 t1_ja9eika wrote

nobody thought you were crazy.

modernhomeowner t1_ja9f67z wrote

lol, thanks for the validation. I texted and talked to bunch of friends and family when I signed up for the 12.69 and suggested they do too... Only one did; the rest were like blank stares.

Tall-Paul t1_jabbtfn wrote

How does one shop around for winter rates, and when in the summer do you shop around? New to national grid and can see how this would pay dividends.