Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Upper_Hold6426 t1_j9vqtfg wrote

Talk all the shit you want about transit police, but when the marathon bomber was sitting in a boat, the transit police were tasked to go in there and get him out. So we can all make jokes, but obviously some of them are highly trained and helped us during a time of crisis.

ineedscissor t1_j9wrtuy wrote

Watertown was absolutely crawling with cops from many jurisdictions, federal, state and local that day. I think the shootout had university cops as well. The mbta cops were hardly the only people who were dealing with thay

socialthrowaway87 t1_j9wncau wrote

I mean if it wasn’t them, I guarantee you another agency would have went and got them or had jurisdiction. They wouldn’t have been like welp, I guess he outsmarted us. I’d rather gut them, use the money to fund transit, and rely on local police. Another perk would be I wouldn’t have to watch the same one mad mug people going into my local station. I have yet to actually see them do anything useful personally. Just walk around. Once they were clearly looking for someone. Some are plain clothes though too so at least they have to enjoy the stink and suck with us.