Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Master_Dogs t1_jacxz7g wrote

I go skiing by myself all the time. It's tough to line up schedules with family and friends. I just play some music on an earbud and ski whatever I want.

Benefits to going alone too:

• you can stop wherever and whenever you want.
  • this is especially nice if you want to hit up the NH liquor stores on the highway off 93 in Hooksett, or grab coffee, or food or whatever 🍻🍷🍾
  • you can ski / board whatever you want
  • double black diamond? Fuck it, SEND IT! β›·οΈπŸ‚
  • cruiser day? Go for it. πŸ₯½
  • you can also take the singles line, and ride with random people. Lots of cool conversions that way. I even ran into the same dude with his kids at two mountains on two different days, which was extremely funny and completely unplanned.
  • the singles line is also wicked fast since you don't wait with a group and you hop on the first chair with space for 1 person 🏎️
  • I've done 20+ runs a day with this time savings
  • plus most of my friends aren't doing 20+ runs a day anyway and want food/coffee/beer after a few runs

The only downside is you can't force your friends to drive part of the way. But my car is fançy and has lane assist/adaptive cruise control so for most of my trips up 93 I don't feel too bad after driving for 2+ hours each way. There are also ski buses that hit up various mountains, so you could potentially just jump on one of those if you aren't up for a long drive.

TL&DR: SEND IT!! β›·οΈπŸ‚β›·οΈπŸ‚β›·οΈπŸ₯½