Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

-CalicoKitty- t1_jab8jtd wrote

The city is walkable and you can take the subway. Salem and Concord can be reached by train, but Lexington would require a rental car or Uber/Lyft. For such a short trip I probably wouldn't try to visit all three.

Don't forget to visit the USS Constitution. Bunker Hill is nearby as well. You should also take the ferry to George's Island, it's worth it.

Professional-Dork26 OP t1_jab8xrv wrote

Thank you so much! I'll look into that the train to Concord and Salem one of the days I'm there.

Luna_Blonde t1_jacfeji wrote

As someone who lives in Concord, you’re going to need a rental car. Both of our commuter rail train stops are far from historical sites and Uber is spotty especially in March.

jtet93 t1_jachhg5 wrote

So Lexington and Concord are next to each other but Salem is far from them. Separate trains. This person is right that visiting both would be a lot on such a short trip. I much prefer Salem as there is a lot more to do there.

bobby_j_canada t1_jacqql9 wrote

Given the length of your stay, I'd suggest sticking to Boston and Salem and skipping Concord. Yeah yeah, it's an important site and all that, but unless you go during one of the reenactments (which happen on Patriots' Day in April, not in March) you're basically just looking at an empty field with a few plaques.

octopodes1 t1_jaeo6a5 wrote

Just to add, if you're already near North Station downtown, the commuter rail is very easy to Salem. It's usually faster than driving and you don't have to find somewhere to park. Salem is nice and walkable too so you won't need a car, unlike Lexington and Concord.

Google maps will give you the schedule.

psychicsword t1_jackv31 wrote

> Lexington would require a rental car or Uber

It can be reached by bike as well. That would be much cheaper than renting a car or Uber and it is a great way to see more of the suburbs while traveling to the Lexington Battle Green.

I probably wouldn't use a blue bike and I would rent a bike specifically for it but it technically is possible.