Submitted by Centegram t3_11ao17a in boston

Im a student in Boston with a RI med card, I know technically out of state med cards are not valid in MA, but in RI the same is true but many dispensaries do accept out of state cards. Does anyone with out of state cards have experience with this or know dispensaries that might take an RI card?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

THElocobeware t1_j9t3jy8 wrote

No. You can buy from recreational dispensaries with an out of state license though.

Tobuntu t1_j9tehq0 wrote

Most dispensaries have a small medical discount, not sure if op is going after this or just doesnt know we have recreational dispensaries

mrlolloran t1_j9tfgpk wrote

The selection is usually better too. I can’t smoke anything anymore but I’m allowed edibles and tinctures and stuff. Getting my medical card allowed me to get more consistent access to a better variety. I was going to places before getting my card and being told they’re out of tinctures for recreational customers quite often.

JaacHerself t1_j9tk70q wrote

Not accepted in Mass but Mass has enough of a rec program. Out of state cards are accepted in Maine.

Maine like RI has medical reciprocity which means they accept out of state medical cards. Mass doesn’t have that in their medical program.

R3djamin t1_j9txy4m wrote

Mass is not a reciprocal state. You have to be a mass resident or at least a mass medical card holder (which makes you prove residency to obtain) It’s a bummer and a silly regulation.

johndburger t1_j9tei78 wrote

You don’t need any kind of medical card in Massachusetts, just as you don’t at the liquor store. Weed is completely legal here.