Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Thatguyyoupassby t1_je9p1wx wrote

Chacarero in Boston will be my answer forever. It's in downtown crossing, on Arch St.

Chilean beef/chicken sandwiches with avocado, hot sauce, tomato, and green beans. Top 5 bite in Boston. I would do disgusting things for their hot sauce recipe, especially the extra hot.

You can get it "BBQ" style, which just means they add grilled red peppers.

Pre-pandemic it was $11 for a small, $13 for a large.

Caduceus1515 t1_jea2gck wrote

Went up $1 or so, but depends on the meat/combo. $16 and change for the large BBQ combo.

I used to buy the bread and take it home to make sandwiches.

Thatguyyoupassby t1_jea3qew wrote

That bread is unreal too. Sucks to hear prices went up, but it's still on par/a bit cheaper than other lunch options in the area.

A decently sized bowl at Grainmaker would run like $15-17 pre-pandemic.

Falafel King and his prices will continue to reign supreme.

Caduceus1515 t1_jeacyeb wrote

Yes, another vote for my friend the Falafel King... Many, many lunches from him. I'm partly responsible for the "special" from asking for falafels added to my sandwich all the time way back when.

Thatguyyoupassby t1_jead7b8 wrote

The special wrap with chicken and falafel was always the go to. Something about their super watery/kind of shitty packets of hot sauce will away hold a place in my heart.

hiddengem77 t1_jec1q6m wrote

I know every time my husband grabs lunch there. Literally sweats it out his pores by the time he’s home He loves the place.

devAcc123 t1_jed16cl wrote

Do they deliver? That looks awesome but their $12.15 sandwich on their website is $16.50 on any of the delivery apps lol.

It says they deliver on the site but the page is blank /shrug