Submitted by Ds50x t3_11tt2qo in boston

Hey I’m moving to Boston in May for a summer internship. I need a recommendation for a good boxing or MMA gym for a beginner! Thank you

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

bcopes t1_jcm8mgh wrote

Peter Welch's Gym

ibrewbeer85 t1_jcn5qof wrote

Boston Combat Sports. Matt and James are awesome kickboxing teachers.

AutoModerator t1_jckkmnk wrote

Thanks for asking about moving to Boston. Based on the information given, we suggest that you move to the Seaport. Please check the sidebar for visitor information. Also, please check out past moving to Boston posts to see if this question or something similar has been asked on /r/boston in the past. Also, please enjoy this wonderful video

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

SlightlyStoopkid t1_jckxely wrote

do you want to compete?

Ds50x OP t1_jcpug5s wrote

Not necessarily but I’m open to it

SlightlyStoopkid t1_jcqzwyw wrote

If you aren’t serious about competing then any gym you can go to consistently is good. You should try free trials at all the gyms near you and decide where you the like the vibe.

Ds50x OP t1_jctuyb0 wrote

What do you recommend if I want to compete?

SlightlyStoopkid t1_jcudvsi wrote

Peter Welch’s or Graelish for boxing. For MMA imo you’re better off learning wrestling and one of the other component arts (jiu jitsu, kickboxing, etc) individually, as opposed to jumping into full MMA right away.

Tee8828 t1_jcn1wox wrote

I liked Ufc gym in the financial district