Submitted by mccoypauley t3_125v5av in boston

The posts I can find here are like 10+ years old.

What's the place to go to nowadays for a bunch of manchildren to shoot each other with lasers?

(Curious about Apex Entertainment: it's in Marlborough but supposedly has laser tag, bumper cars, and some other stuff. What I worry about is it doing everything shittily. Ideally would love to go to a place that specializes in laser tag...)

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Repulsive-Muffin8481 t1_je6tikg wrote

Went to that same apex with a group of adults a few months ago and there were some pretty fun moments (cheap bowling, go karting has a long line but cheaper than boston area and surprisingly pretty good food in the restaurant below!) but if you go on a weekend you are SURROUNDED by swarms of unsupervised children. Parents are pretty much MIA or just not paying attention. The laser tag area is multi-level and huge! but we ended up splitting ourselves to keep it somewhat fair since there were a few kids in our laser tag round. The bumper cars ring was pretty small so we didn't try.

mccoypauley OP t1_je6y8x9 wrote

Thanks for the review. Just called them to get pricing and it's pretty reasonable for laser tag + go karts + bowling. Might settle on that since it's all in one place! (It would be on a Sunday so we'd have to brave the children hordes. But then again we're also going to Boda Borg the day before so we'll probably be used to it by then.)

AgedCzar t1_je69uat wrote

Lazed Craze in Woburn is great

mccoypauley OP t1_je6aip1 wrote

Is it good for adults?

AgedCzar t1_je6anwc wrote

There are lots of kids but I’ve seen groups of adults there as well.

MommyNeedsCoffee617 t1_je6krot wrote

Roller Kingdom has laser tag at their Hudson location and I think in Tyngsboro too. They're about a 45–60 minute drive from the city.

2nd-Hand-Butt-Plug t1_je630ar wrote

I didn't know that was still a thing anymore? Same thing with paintball and airsoft. Are either one of those still popular or are the they all just another dying fad?

jtet93 t1_je6chux wrote

I’ve been to Apex on a company outing a few years back! The laser tag was pretty basic but fun! Plenty of ramps and hiding spots.

The arcade was decent, not as big as Jillian’s or anything but they had a bunch of newer games. Not much in the way of classic stuff like pinball if that’s more your jam.

We also did an escape room at the time which was fun but looking at their website it seems they may have nixed that option

mccoypauley OP t1_je6cp2s wrote

Thanks for this... I'm looking to set up a laser tag double session, bumper/go karts, and bowling. How long did the laser tag session last?

jtet93 t1_je6ctu1 wrote

Oof it was a while ago now but I want to say 20 mins?

G2KY t1_je69ala wrote

I think there was a place around Dedham, close to the Taco Bell on that route but I do not remember its name.

rels83 t1_je6n8sc wrote

Launch has a few locations with laser tag, none in boston proper. I’ve also rented video game trucks from a company that will bring laser tag to you, but I don’t have experience with that

reaper527 t1_je6u0ei wrote

so it's been a few years so no clue if these places are still there/good, but laser craze in woburn was pretty good. my all time favorite place in the area was space center in hooksett nh.