Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SilverRoseBlade t1_jdnjaod wrote

Solutions Engineer/Sales Engineer.

Had to be in office on all days except our team got an “exception” for twice a quarter (every three months) to wfh if it was really needed. The excuse was the Account folks need us to be there to come by and ask questions and we can’t wfh due to that “collaboration” (total bs bc it bordered on annoying with them doing drive-bys). And it accounted dr appt days so we didnt need to use a full sick day.

It sucked and once covid happened it proved we didn’t need to be in-office. I left that job for a new one and it’s fully remote. Wish I could meet my team in person since we’re spread across the US but I do not miss the awful red line commute.

Mei_Flower1996 OP t1_jdnkmgd wrote

Wait is the red line worse than green or orange? Im asking bc my commute to school ( I live w my parents and only have to be on campus 1-2 times a week) involves the commuter and orange line. I don't mind it.

If a internship/ Job is in Cambridge, I'd need to take the commuter to North station, take green/orange, and then red. Is there something wrong w red?

SilverRoseBlade t1_jdnl2mv wrote

I mean the entire MBTA system is broken but I live near Quincy so taking the red line to Park St took well over an hour when I did it every day. Now on the rare occasions I go into the city and don’t drive in, its def almost an hr and a half now or longer. The subreddit has a ton of mbta stories going on right now.

You’re fairly close to the city so you shouldn’t have too many issues since you can take either Braintree or Ashmont without worrying about it.