Submitted by tmotytmoty t3_yfcwyq in boston

What a terrible airport. I attempted to drive and park tonight, but

• there are no (or worse, incorrect) signs all over the roads
  • there’s no one with more than a single functioning brain cell to provide any useful information
  • and the whole place feels like its been under construction for what seems like the last 10 years everything keeps getting worse.

All that tax money wasted on a mess and apparently on an incredibly incompetent team of useless lazy contractors.

Also- what the hell is wrong with the gd ride share situation?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

skipjack10 t1_iu407vt wrote

You travel much domestically? Logan is a breeze compared to most airports servicing large metro areas.

Barstomanid t1_iu2ze3n wrote

Parking at Logan is for suckers. The blue line garages are cheaper, easier, and since it's the blue line it even won't catch fire on you.

Maxpowr9 t1_iu4lxbi wrote

Why I try to get a ride to the airport over parking and riding. Logan is just awful for parking.

riski_click t1_iu3ywpo wrote

I've noticed the signs are only incorrect if you don't know what they mean.. tbh, this sounds like more like an angry email to massport than a reddit post.

tmotytmoty OP t1_iu41jpk wrote

You’re right. I can’t read the word “parking” or “terminal” followed by an arrow sign… (I guess I found the redditor in charge of managing signage at the airport.)

−32

SkiingAway t1_iu4760i wrote

Massport isn't funded by any taxpayer dollars.

Flying out of there regularly, I'd suggest you may be blind if you think the airport hasn't gotten significantly better in the past decade.

The roads are currently somewhat of a mess, yes. Considering that they're redoing the entire road layout in the terminal B/C area, I'm not sure how you'd expect them to do that without making a mess during construction.

tmotytmoty OP t1_iu52d9s wrote

I have no expectations except common sense- which they lack as evidenced by the lack of accurate signage. Sorry if I offended your crew.

−10

marxiism t1_iu30due wrote

Logan express Ftw

benck202 t1_iu3v9uo wrote

Shhh! Don’t tell the angry tourist our secret!

Wtf_is_this1234 t1_iu3ysnb wrote

What is the draw of Logan Express? Pay an insane amount of money to park in some random suburban parking lot, pay an insane amount of money for a bus ticket, then wait up to 30 minutes to take a bus that can take over an hour to get to the airport?

Then on the return trip, you could be waiting almost an hour for a ride back depending on when you make it off the plane.

Jer_Cough t1_iu4942i wrote

Parking is $7/day and the r/t ticket is $18. You're in the wrong area if you think that's an insane amount of money

SkiingAway t1_iu482ss wrote

It's $18 for a round-trip ticket from the suburbs, and the daily parking rate is $7.

If you're parking for a week:

Logan Express will cost you $67.

Airport Terminal parking will cost you somewhere between $179 and $266.

The appeal should be fairly obvious.

Yes, Logan Express (from the suburbs) is a substantially less compelling choice if you're just going somewhere for a day or two.

Arguably it's also less intended for that, as while the claimed purpose is reducing car trips to the airport (and it does), it's obviously substantially about reducing the need for (expensive) warehousing of cars at a space-constrained airport - and long trips are the worst for that.

Wtf_is_this1234 t1_iu4879f wrote

$18 but I've got 4 people in my family. The math isn't as appealing.

SkiingAway t1_iu48zzg wrote

If you're actually traveling with a fully loaded car of people your trip is vastly more efficient in both a congestion + environmental sense than a car with one person.

On the car trips side of things....your trip isn't really the one they're trying to push people to alter their behavior on.

They want to encourage people to stop coming to the airport in single-occupancy vehicles or making pick-ups/drop-offs of just one person.

benck202 t1_iu4tnx2 wrote

Children under 17 ride free when with paying adults.

occasionally_ganache t1_iu44vwy wrote

“An insane amount of money for a bus ticket” = 3$ ( if coming from downtown, which is where most public transit brings you)

https://www.massport.com/logan-airport/to-from-logan/transportation-options/logan-express/back-bay/

Mumbles76 t1_iu33hzo wrote

Why would you go to park there if you are flying international? Like, unless you were going to Canada for 4 days...

We took Uber into Logan a few weeks ago and took a taxi back yesterday, was simple as pie.

Wtf_is_this1234 t1_iu3yuik wrote

It's not so simple when you've got a lot of bags, kids in car seats etc.

tmotytmoty OP t1_iu34wve wrote

Well good for you.

I was picking up an elderly relative and needed to park to help them get out of the airport.

−9

charons-voyage t1_iu3y0bq wrote

If this is something you need to do often, maybe bring a buddy who can wait in the car at arrivals and move it/circle if the staties tell you to. Parking at Logan is horrible.

damnitnickfoles t1_iu74l3e wrote

I fly about 3-5 times per year on average, almost always domestically but I’ve flown internationally twice in the last year. I’ve never once had trouble parking, or reading a sign. It’s wild to think about the simple things some humans struggle over.

tmotytmoty OP t1_iu7603e wrote

Oh ho ho! Such wit! And you fly international! Woah! Look at this guy! Wow. Just amazing! Are you an airplane?

−5

brewce47 t1_iu40xtf wrote

Always pay a little bit more on your flight and fly out of TF Green in Providence (Warwick). Very easy access, little to no traffic, only one terminal...etc Its worth it!

−3

Wtf_is_this1234 t1_iu49z8v wrote

It's often a lot more and the number of places you can fly to directly from there is a fraction of what Logan offers.

brewce47 t1_iu4hm0c wrote

Accurate but if you can get a flight to your destination, I’d rather pay more than deal with the stress of Logan.

tmotytmoty OP t1_iu41mjc wrote

Thank you for this advice. I will do this.

−1

brewce47 t1_iu43k1i wrote

You’re welcome! Good luck in the future 😁