Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Wtf_is_this1234 t1_iu3ysnb wrote

What is the draw of Logan Express? Pay an insane amount of money to park in some random suburban parking lot, pay an insane amount of money for a bus ticket, then wait up to 30 minutes to take a bus that can take over an hour to get to the airport?

Then on the return trip, you could be waiting almost an hour for a ride back depending on when you make it off the plane.

Jer_Cough t1_iu4942i wrote

Parking is $7/day and the r/t ticket is $18. You're in the wrong area if you think that's an insane amount of money

SkiingAway t1_iu482ss wrote

It's $18 for a round-trip ticket from the suburbs, and the daily parking rate is $7.

If you're parking for a week:

Logan Express will cost you $67.

Airport Terminal parking will cost you somewhere between $179 and $266.

The appeal should be fairly obvious.

Yes, Logan Express (from the suburbs) is a substantially less compelling choice if you're just going somewhere for a day or two.

Arguably it's also less intended for that, as while the claimed purpose is reducing car trips to the airport (and it does), it's obviously substantially about reducing the need for (expensive) warehousing of cars at a space-constrained airport - and long trips are the worst for that.

Wtf_is_this1234 t1_iu4879f wrote

$18 but I've got 4 people in my family. The math isn't as appealing.

SkiingAway t1_iu48zzg wrote

If you're actually traveling with a fully loaded car of people your trip is vastly more efficient in both a congestion + environmental sense than a car with one person.

On the car trips side of things....your trip isn't really the one they're trying to push people to alter their behavior on.

They want to encourage people to stop coming to the airport in single-occupancy vehicles or making pick-ups/drop-offs of just one person.

benck202 t1_iu4tnx2 wrote

Children under 17 ride free when with paying adults.

occasionally_ganache t1_iu44vwy wrote

“An insane amount of money for a bus ticket” = 3$ ( if coming from downtown, which is where most public transit brings you)

https://www.massport.com/logan-airport/to-from-logan/transportation-options/logan-express/back-bay/