Submitted by AutoModerator t3_y8s1gm in boston

Hey r/Boston

This thread is for chatting about what is going on in Boston today. This includes the news about today's commute, what is going on around Boston, commonly asked questions, as well as a general free chat throughout the day.

Example topics include:

• Regularly asked questions
  • Best places to go for a hike/walk in or around Boston
  • Updates on the COVID-19 situation in Boston/other local towns
  • Best places to go out to eat or drink
  • Things going on in and around Boston
  • General questions that you feel do not require an entire thread
  • Music you have been listening to lately, or shows you have started watching
  • Skyline or sunset pictures

Here are some useful links as well:

1. The weather
  2. MBTA alerts and delays
  3. Official COVID-19 Information

Please be civil and keep things SFW.

Self promotion of Boston related events, activities, and news is allowed so long as the event is happening within the next 5 days and not a regularly occurring event.

If there is something you'd like to see here please message the moderators and let us know.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hausofpurple t1_it2bve0 wrote

Got lease renewal offer for 9/1/23 today lmao

mrkro3434 t1_it2fp2p wrote

This happened to me right before the pandemic. Fucking sucked because everything went remote and I could have relocated to somewhere cheaper and closer to family. Predatory as fuck.

randomlurker82 t1_it2sxk5 wrote

Jesus Christ that's ridiculous I can see wanting to know in advance but almost a year?

hewhoamareismyself t1_it1t2da wrote

Apparently my CR conductor got a call from the T that the red line is having "technical difficulties"

It's not a part of my trek to bed but condolences to anyone whose commute is already irreparably fucked and hasn't even woken up to experience it.

blondiegirl1012 t1_it26j4l wrote

At south station now. My commuter rail train was delayed over 20 minutes. Now waiting for the red line. It says 15 and 20 minutes for the next Alewife trains. Just awesome.

davydog t1_it2c6jj wrote

Anyone have restaurant recs near Citizen Bank Opera House?

zootgirl t1_it2ma9c wrote

If you like cozy comfort food, I recommend Silvertone on Bromfield.

es_price t1_it5ggyw wrote

Silvertone was a nice step up from the Pour House. So glad it is still around!

iiTryhard t1_it44vi9 wrote

Is parking at night near Boston common / Chinatown area a total nightmare? I have a date at rock & rye and I’m trying to decide if it would be a mistake to just drive us there

Esstehfawn t1_it499f0 wrote

Chinatown is 100% a nightmare, I just made that mistake last week and was stuck in two different parking garages for about 40 minutes each. Boston common isn’t as bad but still terrible, I’d Uber for sure.

iiTryhard t1_it4hhsv wrote

Yea makes sense, just gonna bring her to my place for a glass of wine then Uber over there

Ok-Huckleberry-876 t1_it46yp8 wrote

First Halloween in Dorchester, Upham's Corner neighborhood, how much Halloween candy should I buy?

Yak_Rodeo t1_it4oxmu wrote

uphams is like 25 blocks, one neighborhood might have a lot of families and one might not at all

bouncybullfrog t1_it5rehl wrote

New to boston. Is there always traffic like this on 93 and 90 at 11PM lol?

bobertb t1_it6a06q wrote

Tried to take the Williams tunnel at 11 pm tonight to pick up a friend at the airport and it was closed. Could be related

c106mc t1_it4diei wrote

ok 1) surprised to see a Worker's Party on my ballot (auditor). 2) surprised at how cringe their site is. This has got to be a prank right?

kohlio t1_it5fmkv wrote

Going to Boston for a work trip next week. Any suggestions as I get in on early Monday and have all day to do whatever?

seesp0trunn t1_it5x16p wrote

Depends if you like food, nature, history, art, shopping, etc. it’s all here and there’s a thousand options. If you don’t find what you’re looking for in the search bar definitely give more detail.

[deleted] t1_it2ej8u wrote

[deleted]

−1

[deleted] t1_it2glop wrote

Yeah, meter maids are scum. I’m sure she feels like she makes the world a better place, though.

−6

ThisOneForMee t1_it2nogq wrote

Are you just against parking enforcement? They're literally doing their jobs

Gamma_Fluid t1_it31vlk wrote

I mean, they chose to take a job that hurts other people to help the city make money

−9

ThisOneForMee t1_it335ap wrote

Why should parking be free in a city that has limited parking?