Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tokhar t1_irsiky2 wrote

Local subs are rarely a great spot to get tourist activity info.,

Honesty, just Google it. They’re all fairly similar and it’s not like one has a monopoly on finding whales.

Just pick the one you like the cruise times and the pictures of the boat.

dathorese t1_irsjf3x wrote

In Boston... you got one Company... they're on Long Wharf next to the Aquarium. Boston Harbor Cruises by Hornblower. I think they work in Conjunction with the Aquarium.

Unless you want to travel to like Plymouth, or Gloucester..... Plymouth has Captain John Boats, and north shore, im not familiar with the companies, but i think they sail out from Gloucester.

-Odi-Et-Amo- t1_irsjpov wrote

I’ve only been on one, so nothing to compare it to, but had a great time on the one operated by the New England Aquarium.

SlightlyStoopkid t1_irsla83 wrote

Especially if you’re going late in the season (aka now), check the wave height data coming from the buoys on the ndbc website. If you or anyone in your group gets seasick, then you’ll want Dramamine for a whale watch on a day with a big swell.

jamesland7 t1_irsp97s wrote

Aquarium is the only one in Boston, but there’s several up in Cape Ann. Cape Ann Whale Watch always has groupons and free parking

krazykatkaretaker t1_irst7mj wrote

They all go out to the same spots to see the whales whether you go from Boston or from the north or south shore! And def just google!

osksm t1_irt2ahp wrote

I’m going to disagree with this. I would recommend Cape Ann Whale watching in Gloucester. As a local we take visiting family to do things like this when they come. And we have a lot of local info from others who’ve had experiences. We went two weekends ago with my father in law and the whale watching was great and there were a ton of dolphins as well.