Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Drew_P_Nuts t1_iyabbeu wrote

I think there’s reasons though. Mayor Wu hasn’t really accomplished anything except pissing off a lot of businesses during her Covid response. Baker was a republican who managed to reach across the aisle with Dems on lots of issues. You might disagree on any particular issue but the fact that he was able to work with Democrats is better than 80% of governors either republican or democrat. Personally I give huge props to any politician who is willing to vote against their party if they believe in an issue and he did that plenty of times.

dirtshell t1_iyajxpf wrote

"Working across the aisle to accomplish the bare minimum" (which should really be read as "not obstructing the bare minimum") is not good, and does not earn my respect.

Drew_P_Nuts t1_iyalegs wrote

Voting along parties lines in my opinion is the worst t thing a politician can do besides murder and rape.

100% serious. There is 0% chance you agree with your party or 100million Americans on every issue. So it it literally proof you either do not do research your job or you are only looking out for yourself.

I think your an idiot if you are a voter and can’t find 3 things to agree with the other party on but I think you should be in prison if your in congress

−4