Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

irishgypsy1960 t1_ixi4lba wrote

I actually love pot roast. Hmm, I’m not phobic about food, in fact that is the first time I ever had that thought about a buffet situation. I love the city, but as an elder disabled woman, w ptsd, but who can space out, I’m trying to train myself to be vigilant on all fronts. And I get very triggered, sadly, by the street people. Not for lack of compassion. I also have memories of hanging in the area, especially park st, as an aimless, misguided teen.

Itchy-Marionberry-62 t1_ixinmv5 wrote

I am older too…and don’t walk as well anymore. I tend to stay away from the area. I can easily be knocked over. There seem to many pretty rowdy and unpredictable people there lately. It is a shame…since I used to love the area. Now it is just a shell of what it once was. Hopefully there can be an improvement to the area. Younger people have no concept of how vibrant and busy the area once was.

irishgypsy1960 t1_ixj256e wrote

I took my kids there from the burbs in the 80s to see the animatronic Christmas display windows at Filene’s and Jordan’s. Does Macy’s do that? It’s like it’s switched from the 70s, whereas DTA was nice and the combat zone 2 blocks away. Now that area is all cleaned up.

Itchy-Marionberry-62 t1_ixjhbgs wrote

Macy’s does like three windows. It looks ok…but nothing like back when Jordan’s and Filene’s would go all out. The do have a nice tree though. Miss the Combat Zone. That was a fun area.