Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Plsmock t1_j20g5pu wrote

I have a good story. About a year ago, one hot summer day, my daughter was walking around newbury st and found a wallet. It was someone's whole life, ID, cash, cards. Some of the cash was dollars and some was euros. She called the police info number and the person who answered listened to her for a short while said thanks for letting us know, and hung up on her. So my daughter thought she'd drop it off at a police station. she googled the nearest station and it was at govt center. She figured she'd walk there. 30 minutes later she was at the govt center station, hot, tired and annoyed that she had even started the project. Once inside, there was a waiting line to get to the window. Near the front of the line, she noticed a young woman crying and speaking french to her companion. The woman's companion was facing my daughter. She held up the wallet and waved it at him. He turned the crying woman around and showed her my daughter at the back of the line waving a wallet. From what my daughter said it was a TV moment. The woman's relief and gratitude made my daughter's day. Good story right?