Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

powsandwich t1_j1zew0l wrote

I played football with Jack Amo at Melrose High. Nice kid

LookAtThesePericles t1_j20mbyp wrote

Finally! An Italian joint in the South End. It's about goddamn time.

Liqmadique t1_j1zyo86 wrote

Are they still sharing the kitchen with Anchovies?

ddepalma57 t1_j24z0vu wrote

they never shared the kitchen with Anchovies it is two separate buildings.

Ok-Potato-129 OP t1_j202sef wrote

I don' t know for certain, but I doubt it. With the change in ownership the new team was intent on updating the kitchen which hadn't really seen any upgrades since the space first opened. However, you can swing by now and see for yourself starting this evening.

Liqmadique t1_j209f99 wrote

Can't tonight or really for a little bit, out of town. Damn shame if Anchovies has lost its ability to make food tho.

−1

Ok-Potato-129 OP t1_j20rl0u wrote

I can' t imagine that would be the case. Probably best to check it out when you get back into town.

ddepalma57 t1_j24zah0 wrote

They haven't. They have always had their own kitchen.

Ok-Potato-129 OP t1_j2978cc wrote

Yes, they have. It is an urban myth that they shared kitchens.

ddepalma57 t1_j297xhk wrote

I know but, its ridiculous as it is two separate buildings. Plus I know because I worked there.

Ok-Potato-129 OP t1_j29767y wrote

I went there last night and met one of the owners. He said that the restaurants never shared a kitchen - that it was an urban myth, which makes sense because if Giacomo's was closed to remodel their kitchen and update the restaurant, then how would've Anchovie's been able to remain open and serve food.

BTW - dinner was great. Main dishes are about $21-$22.

Schismatist7 t1_j231el0 wrote

Any idea if they will be swapping to more traditional Italian food with the new ownership?

Ok-Potato-129 OP t1_j297dd6 wrote

I ate there last night and the menu is traditional Italian/American plates. The prices are very approachable; main plates are mostly in the low $20s.