Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Quirky_Butterfly_946 t1_j2d9pas wrote

Thank you. It just outs people who have zero regard for neighborhoods, and are just sellouts to developers who don't care about it either. We can see how many people support developers who come into neighborhoods to make their millions.

People have rights to decide how their area is developed. Many more are starting to speak up against over building.

There is no need to turn Boston/MA into a large city/cities. Supporters are destroying the area in some delusional thinking that more building will bring prices down.

−40

theliontamer37 t1_j2df894 wrote

Lol building will bring prices down. You’re from New Hampshire too. Lmfao can’t make this shit up

Prodigal_Moon t1_j2e7wss wrote

Holy shit, you debunked supply and demand? I can’t wait to read the paper.

3720-To-One t1_j2e1vsk wrote

Please enlighten us as to where everyone is supposed to live?

Somehow I doubt you get this bent out of shape every time there’s some new office or lab space built downtown.

Guess what, each new lab or office space just further increases demand for housing.

“I got mine, fuck anybody else.”

No, you are not entitled to have your neighborhood never change. Your neighborhood was not ordained by god, and at one point, it was probably farmland.

Codspear t1_j2ee8r9 wrote

> We can see how many people support developers who come into neighborhoods to make their millions.

Yes, I support people who provide a human necessity, shelter. I’m also a sellout to farmers who plant and harvest thousands of acres of land to make their millions too. I’m also a sellout to biotech companies that develop new ways to treat and cure illnesses to make their millions as well.

It’s almost as if people who do things that are necessary should get paid for it. Crazy thought.

> People have rights to decide how their area is developed. Many more are starting to speak up against over building.

Why should you have more of a right to determine how a property is developed than the owner of the property itself? If I and a few neighbors think your property should be an ice cream shop, should we be able to force you to bulldoze your house to provide us an ice cream shop?

> There is no need to turn Boston/MA into a large city/cities. Supporters are destroying the area in some delusional thinking that more building will bring prices down.

It’s already a large city and should organically get larger if the demand is there to do so. Building more is the only way to drop prices and allow more people the opportunity to live in the area. Also, Boston was destroyed when it passed 10k people, and then again when it passed 100k people, and then again when it passed 500k people. It’ll be destroyed again when it passes 1 million people and then again when it hits 1.5 million. Boston is always dead and always dying, ever since the Puritans first arrived. Hell, even the Massachusett tribe probably destroyed it after taking it from some other tribe a century earlier. Places change, just accept it.

huron9000 t1_j2f7nob wrote

Yes! Really like the way you put this all.