Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j2fdd61 wrote

Reply to comment by Frunk2 in Boston in 2022: Murders by spedmunki

[deleted]

−2

Frunk2 t1_j2fe0wk wrote

Because it’s a predominantly black neighborhood? Again the murder rate is lower than many cities in America so idk what you’re upset about. It sounds like you wish there were more white victims or perpetrators of murder in Boston.

Cal__Trask t1_j2fhvgn wrote

While I can't speak to the specific offenders in these cases, I can say that statistically murder victims of all races are overwhelmingly killed by members of their own race. So blacks tend to kill blacks, whites tend to kill whites, etc. Of course these are general trends, not hard and fast rules but I see no evidence to suggest that Boston is some sort of outlier.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-data-racial-murder/fact-check-false-data-on-u-s-racial-murder-rates-idUSKCN24I2A9

From the article:

According to the FBI’s Expanded Homicide data from 2018, the most recent report of this kind Reuters was able to find ( here ), 80.7% of the murders of white people were committed by white offenders (2,677 of a total of 3,315) while 15.5% of the murders of white people were committed by Black offenders (514).

The social media post also alleges white offenders committed 2% of the murders of Black victims. According to the FBI’s data, 8% of the reported murders of Black people were committed by white offenders (234 of a total of 2,925) and 88.9% by Black offenders (2,600).

FBI data from 2017 also follows this trend: 80.2% of white victims were killed by white offenders, 8.9% of Black victims were killed by whites, 88.5% of Black victims were killed by Blacks, and 16.1% of whites were killed by Blacks ( here ).

trqzn t1_j2fj4e1 wrote

Funny how poverty causes crime