Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Yak_Rodeo t1_j6jk20d wrote

boston is an upper mid tier city with a luxury pricetag

grew up here and have never left but the costs are really weighing on the benefits nowadays

dxbaileyy t1_j6jm5a3 wrote

The only people who think San Francisco and LA are the “laughing stock of America” are conservatives who never leave their hometowns.

The only thing that makes Boston similar to either of those places is the cost of living. Rents and home prices are driven by demand so obviously there are plenty of people who still want to live here and can afford it.

particular-potatoe t1_j6jm8ld wrote

I wasn’t aware SF and LA were laughing stocks of America. Right wing talking points, sure. But these problems are systemic. They aren’t just happening in a few cities. Venture outside of the Northeast or west coast and see how you like the quality of life there… you won’t.

hellno560 t1_j6jjz8o wrote

No because we have 3 of the best hospitals in the world and a few top rated universities.

SuddenSeasons t1_j6jknc5 wrote

Thanks for registering to post this shit

nattarbox t1_j6jlr3x wrote

lol have you ever been to LA / SF

West coast playing in a whole different league with their hobos.

riski_click t1_j6jj7ml wrote

Welcome to Boston.

You should move to the San Fran/LA metro area. They need more help there. You're already too stressed/disappointed to be of much help here.

onyourcomputah t1_j6jm74j wrote

High quality of living, good social infrastructure, easy access, proper seasons, diverse industry, top educational resources, and great cultural resources... it's desirable to live here.

For example, you ever have to go to the ER at a specialized hospital here? You have people in the waiting room from three states away.

I do worry about Boston turning into San Fran, but industry is too diverse here to be entitled to one type of bro.

Not so much LA because LA sucks.

man2010 t1_j6jmf3d wrote

Laughing stock according to who, and why do we care what they think? If you moved here without realizing it's one of the most expensive cities in the country I'm not sure what to tell you. LA and San Francisco, like Boston, are expensive cities because there is such a high demand to live in them. Sure you could save some money and move to a city like Detroit, but there's a reason why people aren't doing that.

[deleted] OP t1_j6jmzbf wrote

If you don’t like it then leave 😂

2nd-Hand-Butt-Plug t1_j6jl1ul wrote

>I moved here

So did thousands of others in the past 20 years. Why do you think rents and the cost of housing is so high (along with the availability of housing)?

>homeless and drug epidemic

Gentrification brought on by the people moving here wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it?