Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

willzyx01 t1_j4ii8m0 wrote

THEY SPENT HOW MUCH ON THIS SHIT?

jojenns t1_j4iic5v wrote

10 million TEN

in_finite_jest t1_j4ilwnx wrote

Fucking hell! I'm an artist too, but that's way too much.

We have more colleges per capita than any city in the US -- why not have a student design an MLK statue as their doctorate or something? King was only 6 months out of school when he led the Montgomery bus boycott, having a student design a statue of him would be appropriate. Plus, the only way a student's project would come out looking like a dick is on purpose.

[deleted] t1_j4k6o1c wrote

[deleted]

jojenns t1_j4liflt wrote

No it wasnt

−3

felonious-_monk t1_j4tnygn wrote

Lmao you know it still costs money to make even if it's donated right ?? First article on Google says 10 mil statue so you're wrong You know it doesn't make you less than human to be wrong right ? Like it's okay to admit it bro 🤣

jojenns t1_j4m9jhv wrote

That doesnt tell you if city put money into it it shows a 1 mil donation. I dont care either way the govt wastes way more on way less. Im simply saying no one so far has produced financials beyond newspaper articles that dont break it down. So to say its all donations wouldnt be correct

−2

5teerPike t1_j4mb40a wrote

It literally says the Boston Foundation handled the donations for this project. This also isn't a newspaper article.

It was all donations, you're just mad you're wrong.

LonelyAccountantCPA t1_j4ikt6h wrote

It’s like the people in charge said “how can we line our pockets without making it seem like we’re stealing?”

The answer is corruption and pocketing the funds by money laundering through an ugly statue that “costs” 10mil

Edit: I hope this monstrosity wasn’t made with tax payer funds

5teerPike t1_j4k6m8s wrote

Privately funded by an entrepreneur & donations.