Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

EducationalElevator t1_j68cpjn wrote

I don't really follow your last point. Because it was psychosis and not psychopathy, that makes her less of a murderer? I just get the sense that if this wasn't a wealthy white family there wouldn't be as many heart emojis floating around the internet for someone who violently murdered three babies.

−17

and_dont_blink t1_j68egbs wrote

>I don't really follow your last point. Because it was psychosis and not psychopathy, that makes her less of a murderer?

It was a response to the comment that someone can be sick but still a killer. That person isn't that person, they're the illness -- and post partum psychosis is usually treatable and not permanent. It's akin to blaming you for a dream you had.

>I just get the sense that if this wasn't a wealthy white family there wouldn't be as many heart emojis floating around the internet for someone who violently murdered three babies.

That sounds like you are projecting your own baggage onto the situation? I can't speak to the heart emojis you are seeing somewhere, but when these cases come up (and if you search you'll find them) the response is generally shock and that it's a horrible tragedy.

You see the exact opposite for something like Munchausen by proxy cases, or the rare cases where a mother actually is a killer and something happens to a child so she can be with another man etc.