Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

toofarquad t1_iqtd4t1 wrote

Despite the budget hardware, it has a premium price point, with no price drops in sight for itself or the expensive games. Nintendo games are very good though, especially for local multiplayer or families. Honestly I got better value for money with the Wii U. I'd say if you are really excited about Nintendo exclusives or have friends to play Smash/Mario kart with the value proposition is solid. (Clearly as it sells very well). As much as I like the steam deck, its pretty chonky, and pricey enough that I'd be afraid to drop it while travelling, compared to say, a switch lite. (Still absolutely worth it for the wide game support). Imo, a huge appeal of PC/xbox/steamdeck for me is the ability to use old controllers and peripherals which saves tonnes of money. Like standard USB C video output for the steam deck, using old PS4/xbox 360 controllers for PC etc. It doesn't help that Nintendo never invested in keeping games from your account playable on later consoles like all its competitors have. I suspect that will have to change with the next console.