Submitted by Ambitious_Guidance69 t3_y1asls in consoles

Hello! English isn't my first language, but I hope this is still readable.

So, yesterday i was browsing on vinted and came across two interesting but very different deals about consoles.

The first one is an used PS4 (that comes with a joystick and cables) for 150€ (145$). For this I will use the free games.

The second one is an used xbox360 (that comes with three joysticks, the cables and sixteen games) for 100€ (97$).

I asked one of my friends for their advice and they basically told me both offers are rubbish and that I shouldn't be wasting my time or money on them. As you can see, I have little money, and I just don't want to make an awful purchase that will last short, even though I treated my old portable consoles really well and they lasted years.

edit: spelling mistakes.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hYdeKS t1_irxci12 wrote

Ps4 one is the better deal there, especially considering it's a last gen console, but wouldn't getting a xbox one make more since then getting a 360? The Xbox 360 is from two generations ago (Ps3/360 era) so unless you want a retro system, its not really worth getting now.

I would suggest looking up Ps4/Xbox One games and used system prices on Google to see what to expect for consoles prices, and what games your interested in. Do you prefer games like Gears of War, Halo, Forza, Sea of Thieves etc. or do you prefer games like Uncharted, Spiderman, God of War, Last of Us etc.? That is usually a big factor in what system you should choose.

Anyways, I rambled on alil, but the Ps4 in that situation is the better deal of the two, especially since new games are still being released on it.

A_lost_10mm_socket t1_irw9upa wrote

150 euro seems a bit steep but I'd go for the ps4. It's still a supported console, meaning it has online features enabled, and it's easier to repair. I'd ask if the CD drive works, if it load into the OS slowly (that could mean the hard drive is dying), and if the controller has any drift in the analogs.

dinkinflickuhh t1_irx3qaz wrote

Xbox 360? Now that is a name I haven’t heard in a LONGGGG TIME.

Get the PS4 though.

SNERTTT t1_irxtcnz wrote

PS4 is a full generation ahead lol

ZekerNietTijn t1_irxmsew wrote

Dont buy 100 for 360. Buy xbox one for 100. You should buy an xbox 360 for between 5 to 50 euros

Hugocook1480 t1_irwjvbd wrote

Easy it is the PlayStation just trust me

BallsOfSteel86 t1_irx3ut0 wrote

Say ps3 or xbox one or series x . Much better systems

Amartini505 t1_is05o8v wrote

PS4 is the best option it seems, also im going to buy a PS4 too (saving money 💸)

S-vx_22 t1_is0qp9j wrote

Last year I went for an Xbox 360 for £50 over a PS3 (note: not a 4) that was priced a little higher, and I'm happy with my choice for that generation. You can still get loads of games and controllers/accessories for it should you ever need any, and there's plenty of dlc still out there. Although earlier models had hardware issues a refurbished or later console ought to last a little while, but that price is a bit high. If you want the most advanced console for your money get the PS4, as it is a step on from the 360. It's what I plan to upgrade to.