Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jimmabean t1_ith85q7 wrote

FOR ME its probably re2 or mgs1. Two brilliant classics. But honestly, hard to pick just one. Ff7 is top tier too, and hell even the spyro/crash games were solid af

SilvrSmurfr t1_itk3922 wrote

Great minds think alike. I answered almost the same thing and then saw your comment. Great choices.

Mysterious-Gear-364 t1_ithjs1g wrote

Pepsi man ofc

HelenAngel t1_itljh7i wrote

When my partner & I get married, one of our dances will be to the Pepsi Man theme 😂

MRamskill t1_ithshse wrote

I would have to say either Final Fantasy 7 or Resident Evil 1/2!

securinight t1_iti5q6q wrote

Resi 1. It was the first game I played on PS1 and blew me away.

SilvrSmurfr t1_itk3c4g wrote

Those dogs jumping through the window for the first time and the first time you see that zombie turn around and look at you… made me drop the controller and run out of the room as a kid.

Electro-Specter t1_ithog8z wrote

My answer would be Metal Gear Solid. But arguments can be made for Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy 7, and Spyro The Dragon.

olalof t1_ithy4tm wrote

Tekken or Wipeout no doubt.

Glenith02 t1_itih6l8 wrote

The Spyro the Dragon trilogy defined the playstation 1 for me, still my favourite games, and still regularly play them. Have not had a generation of playstation consoles and Bot played spyro on it.

dgw26 t1_itk67su wrote

Medal of honour

Dkshameless t1_ithphvn wrote

I never played the PlayStation 1, so maybe that makes this answer worth more or maybe less? Iunno, but I agree that final fantasy 7 and metal gear solid strike me as definitive

Dam_Kids t1_ithxn4j wrote

FF7,FFTactics , MGS and RE 1. I can't pick 1. I feel like Parasite Eve and Silent Hill should be on there too.

Secure-Day9052 t1_iti23o4 wrote

When i think in ps1 crash bandicoot comes in my mind

Firefighter_Minimum t1_itjb1lp wrote

If I was going to sit a young person down to play one game to show them what the ps1 was like it would be Metal Gear Solid. Of I were to pick one that had the greatest effect on the PlayStation brand as a whole it would be Final Fantasy 7 it created a market outside Japan for JRPG and to this day the PlayStation is the place to play JRPG.

jeffcolv t1_itk0088 wrote

Mgs, twisted metal, Spyro, crash. No order and I’m probably missing lots

Add: ff7, legend of the dragoon

Piruparka t1_itk1soq wrote

Final Fantasy 7, Gran Turismo

SilvrSmurfr t1_itk36v6 wrote

Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid. Hands down. Still some of my favorite games to play.

thedugsdanglies t1_itk3qb7 wrote

Alundra, Tekken, Destruction Derby 2, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Vigilante 8, Wipeout 2097, Resident Evil, Spyro, Croc, Speed Freaks, Revolt, Hydro Thunder, Final Fantasy Vii, Crash Bandicoot, Twisted Metal, Gran Turismo, Oddworld

Fair-Sympathy-6469 t1_itkevms wrote

FF7 absolutely blew me away at the time.

I also think of Abe's Oddysee. That little guy and his fart stays with you....

Nohissy_Exit_84 t1_itkqtqu wrote

Definitely Core designs Tomb Raider for me. TOmb Raider which spanned 5 games was a gargantuan massive franchise back in the 90s and Lara Croft was mascot for PlayStation in the same way Mario was for Nintendo for much of the PS1s life cycle. There were others like Crash Bandicoot and Solid Snake from MGS1 at different times but Lara Croft was consistently there from early on. Definitely Tomb Raider for me.

n1keym1key t1_itkr0kz wrote

Ridge Racer, It was the BIG launch game after all!

rfsql t1_iu1k0ak wrote

For me it was Wipeout 2097. I know it didn't come out until 1996 but it was massive fun, looked like a tech demo and sounded like a night out. I still listen to the soundtrack occasionally and I'm instantly back in front of a PS1 with my mates.

of_mice_and_nick t1_itjwxl6 wrote

I never played a PlayStation 1. But I would say resident evil 3 or parasite eve 2.