Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

mad_sAmBa t1_j0gs5ih wrote

Not really. Those games are meant to be played on CRT's. The best suggestion i can give you is to play on a smaller ( 18 inches for example) lcd tv with an av output. I play my snes games on that tv and they look ok, not as good as a crt but they don't look blurry at all.

Mccobsta t1_j0h7d25 wrote

You need a component or rgb scart cable and depending on your TV a upscaler

LosRiaso t1_j0gisjd wrote

That's just how 16 bit games designed to be viewed in 4:3 on a CRT will look on a relatively modern TV. You could always upscale and/or look into texture packs if you're not playing on original hardware.

Regardless, a lot more info is needed before anyone will be able to give you reasonable advice. What's the set up?

Next_Assistance8494 t1_j0gkpi4 wrote

You need to get an ossc scaler for like 100dollars then probably a new cable as yours may not work (another 30) Or get a cheaper scaler like a retrotink But ultimately try and get a 13 14" crt and it'll look like it should

kotor56 t1_j0hg770 wrote

Their are emulators that can create scan lines like crt tv’s it isn’t perfect but can work.

[deleted] OP t1_j0gx00l wrote

The only fix for can think of it to turn the sharpness to 0 and turn off any post-process things on your tv. I kept an old CRT tv so I can play my n64 and SNES. These games were designed to be played on old tvs. Unfortunately older games have hat were designed for CRT tvs will usually look shit on modern TVs. It would be great t see them have a CRT mode.