Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Anubra_Khan t1_j1yjx7q wrote

The only reasons I can think to chose xbox over PS is because you are already heavily invested in Xbox and you don't have a PC. The backwards compatibility is really cool (even though it doesn't cover work with nearly as many games is they make it out to be). Game Pass is also a great service but PS Plus Premium has 300 more games and costs $60 less.

I used to buy both consoles but, with how expensive this console generation will be over the next 7 years, I ended up getting a PC. I've since also picked up a PS5.

The PC with game pass covers anything that's not available on PS plus, it has all of the PC games/mods, allows me to stream/make videos and even has some household utility. PC game pass is also cheaper than Xbox game pass. Point being, I don't see a reason for an Xbox. My Xbox One hasn't been powered up since I got the PC.

Another thing NOBODY mentions is that Xbox Series X/S has no current-gen only games. Aside from 3 games, every single game available on Series X is also playable on the Xbox One. These systems have been out for 2 years. On the other side of that, PS5's 20+ current gen exclusive titles are winning awards.

And finally, games. People complain about exclusivity but it works to create better games. Sony's exclusive games are the best games on the market. They've developed relationships with their developers and it shows in the games they make. Whereas Microsoft just buys up devs and dissolves them when they spit out lifeless games that underperform financially. Just look at all of GOTY nominees over the past 10-12 years. 1-3 nominees are Sony games every single year. That's not even including the other sub categories. Microsoft games are rarely in the running for any awards outside of maybe Forza for the Sports category.