Submitted by TLHA1232 t3_zy4d1h in consoles

I am not sure which console I should get. The only thing I have against Xbox 360 is having to pay to play online. Does this affect the gaming experience in 2022?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Anubra_Khan t1_j23nwwu wrote

PS3 because it's the only way to play PS3 games without streaming them. Many Xbox 360 games are backwards compatible on the Xbox One or Series X.

YousureWannaknow t1_j23o317 wrote

All of them ar compatibilible on OneX as far as I know

Anubra_Khan t1_j23pcbp wrote

Hard to find a straight answer on this but I don't think it's all. It's a lot and it might even be most.

Haven't read through it all but this appears to be one of the better summaries I've found.

https://www.eurogamer.net/xbox-backwards-compatibility-list-xbox-360-games-series-x-6400

TLHA1232 OP t1_j23rkgn wrote

thanks. I will still be waiting for people's opinions though

slimshady713 t1_j264sb4 wrote

No there’s a whole lot missing

YousureWannaknow t1_j2691jm wrote

So, maybe I were lucky enough to not step on any like that. However, as I said, I'm basing on my own exp

CyberKiller40 t1_j27x3u5 wrote

Fez, Alien Breed, Call of Juarez 1, Always Remember Me, Alien Rage... Just off the top of my head, there's thousands more missing.

YousureWannaknow t1_j280ejp wrote

Just as I said, non of these I were playing.. Well, except of CoJ, but that one on PC 😅 I been basing n my own expeariance, that's all

YousureWannaknow t1_j23o83v wrote

I would say both.. In fact, X360 has still big community, but I doubt in online services on that gen.. You know, we are 2 gens further, so I don't see point

housethemous t1_j24ani3 wrote

Most games from that era still have their servers running. A lot will not be shut down due to being on a third party. Only big one I can think of that would be an issue right now is Ubisoft games.

YousureWannaknow t1_j24vrup wrote

Well.. I know that Halo for OGXbox had servers runing for more than 2 decades and there's still a lot of servers kept by fans, however, I wouldn't use network services aa reasn to choose device from that era. I personally, hunt for both of them in relativelly low price, but I'm a hoarder. In fact, if I would want to use online services I would personally look between XOne/PS4, du to fact, that community will live longer and they still can get a lot of benefits from owning PSN/XboxLive subscription, and first releases are in similar prices (especially in my area), as last X360/PS3.. You know, only small percent games is in GamePass that was desifned for 360, same as fac that they currently give games for PS4 & 5 in PSN...

So if OP has to choose, anybody actually, I would suggest different factors, like listo of single titles you're interested in, or accessability of games in your area..

TLHA1232 OP t1_j23p6c8 wrote

but I am broke lol.

YousureWannaknow t1_j23rhxx wrote

Trust me, I'm too 😂 Still I would go for both, however if you have to choose, check out what games you're in. It would be easier to.me to.be addicted to one company, but I try to collect all of them

RBTropical t1_j28doll wrote

You’d be better off building a junkman PC. Games will be cheaper and online is free and you can upgrade when you have more cash

FreshWrongdoerNo1 t1_j249evb wrote

Both pretty much exactly the same console but with different controllers. Get a ps4 mate much better than both the 360 and ps 3and you can pick one up now for buttons from eBay or Amazon £80

BallsOfSteel86 t1_j24f4de wrote

Ps3 destroys crappy ps4 , b/c unlike ps4 , also took like near end of life span to get older titles , which is lock mostly behind a crapy monthly subscription. Also ps3 has free online

−2

FreshWrongdoerNo1 t1_j24otwy wrote

What ps3 is better than ps4???? 😂 c,mon ??? Ok each to there own I suppose. You get what you pay for!! Like everything else in life. Hope you enjoy that 15 year old 2 generation behind ps3 matey

DancesWithFraggles t1_j25gfxm wrote

It’s all about the games. Look up the top games for each and decide which you want to play. Those on both platforms were generally better optimised on the 360 if my memory serves me right.

jidar t1_j278yfi wrote

PS3

Pros: Ps1 backwards compatible, Free online, JRPGs.

Cons: Good working controller has become hard to find and expensive. (tons of knock offs on ebay of questionable quality)

Xbox360

Pros: Digital store still works and MS has a better track record than Sony about keeping these things going. Controllers are cheap and everywhere.

Cons: Xbox live costs money.

Really if the controller issue isn't a problem for you, it should just come down to what games are you going to play?

benhurting t1_j23u0ys wrote

It depends on the game you want to play. Popular games should be available on both systems. Both systems can be bought dirt cheap through the Facebook market. Please note that some older systems may have issues, e.g, fan noise, missing slots, worn-out lasers, etc.

Also, there has know to be systems that have been bought with allsorts of insects/bugs in them. E.g cockroaches.

Both systems are fantastic. The only gripe I had with the PS3 is when you need to factory rest the systems.

Good luck. I hope you find what you want.

BallsOfSteel86 t1_j24fe9e wrote

Get ps3 , especially if you like b/c of your old games

BlokeFromASDA t1_j259yf6 wrote

Play which one that has your preferred exclusives. As an xbox player I am not a big fan of Halo so I would buy a PS3 for things like God Of War and MGS4.

Commercial_Shoe8588 t1_j25b7t5 wrote

Love both consoles, I'd go with PS3. Hate the controllers, but the games are immaculate compared to the 360. But if you do get a PS3, I'd recommend a slim or fat boy. The super slim is a fucking jet engine and it doesnt perform nearly as well as the other iterations.

SebDoesStuff t1_j25cows wrote

Save up for a ps4 ik ur poor cuz I read the commenrs but if u save up for a ps4 slim its really worth it also it says that the max is 30fps on it but it goes to 60 so yea

CheeseMan2007 t1_j25elhp wrote

360 all the way! Although rachet and clank is good too

TxTDiamond t1_j25zh7m wrote

People sre saying ps3 but if you make a new account after they added the ability to change your PSN ID it makes Mw2 and 3 absolutely pointless as your online progress either resets each time you boot it, or you can't play it altogether

celcius_451 t1_j26fybi wrote

Still waiting for the release of PS3 Pro so I can play my games at stable 30 fps

lecram920 t1_j26j0zs wrote

I would choose PS3. More exclusives, and you literally can't play them elsewhere...

akharrouby t1_j27sg12 wrote

Do not get both

Go PS4 minimum

BI_JAY_LeL67 t1_j27ua07 wrote

Back then 360 but nowadays PS3

wraitumi t1_j28ge4r wrote

Go with PS2. The best 👍🏻

roguesilverhand t1_j23sail wrote

Didn’t think online works on either now, ps3 definitely doesn’t work online. they are consoles 2 generations old

jidar t1_j279kda wrote

360 xbox live service still works fine. Digital store same as it always was.

BallsOfSteel86 t1_j24f8rm wrote

Ps3 still works online, store is still functioning. Some titles has had online shut off thou