Submitted by Budfrompsych t3_100wqvu in consoles

I want to preface this by saying I already have a ps5. I’m an avid gamer and enjoy my free time playing different games. I have an opportunity to get a series X at retail. Is it worth having both consoles for exclusives? I’m not wealthy, so it is a “big purchase” but I wouldn’t be struggling for money either.

Update: I sent it and ordered it. Thank you everybody for the input!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

1northfield t1_j2keshh wrote

I have both and what I will say is that having a Series X with Gamepass (or a series s for that matter) will save you money in the long run, I cannot tell you how many games I have discovered through Gamepass, games I would never have considered purchasing but are now some of my favourite games. Get a Series console, get 3 years of Gamepass using the gold conversion trick (look it up on YouTube) and play away my friend, a day one game release every 10 days on average is nothing to be sniffed at

Firm_Face_5672 t1_j2kmbcj wrote

Gamepass is the best thing about xbox, especially considering you can get if for the same price as gold using the old gold codes and buying one month of game pass method

bendit07 t1_j2kw0fj wrote

Yes, worth it. Have both and a pc and steam deck. Every platform is worth it in a different way. Quick resume on series x is one of the best quality of life features for gaming in recent memory.

The_MoonBaboon t1_j2mdv2c wrote

How often do you use your Series X? I have PC & Steam Deck but also the PC has Gamepass as well. Just wondering where the value is in a Series X (I want one) when you have PC Gamepass?

GR00VYGH0ULIE t1_j2o9m4f wrote

PC Gamepass doesn't have all the same games as console Gamepass so getting the Console exclusive games is big step up from PC Gamepass. I sure said gamepass a lot.

The_MoonBaboon t1_j2rm98i wrote

Thanks for your response - I'll probably pick one up in the near future. My comment above really got downvoted for asking a question, people are too damn salty about their consoles lol

Ill-Worldliness-7567 t1_j2kw3bi wrote

Yes! So worth it! Loading speeds are so good and I get game pass which is so worth it with all the games you get!

Bigd1979666 t1_j2luvef wrote

I load in faster than my buddy on his PC every time . Sure , he gets 200 fps but so what,lol

Elitrical t1_j2kxs6g wrote

I mean it depends on exclusives. Do you like Bethesda games? Obsidian? Then get an Xbox. That’s the only reason why I keep mine tbh. For when those get released.

But honestly they have not had a quality exclusive in recent memory. Especially not the last 2 years I don’t even think they’ve had any except for Halo and that is mid.

Altruistic_Fox1710 t1_j2lrk4k wrote

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Scorpiogamer2017 t1_j34a4kw wrote

I have both. It’s worth it. Lately though I’ve been on my PS5 more. I liked the fact I didn’t have to buy a headset for the PS5 to where the Series X I needed to. Plus I enjoyed the fact that PS5 had a usb c port.

TheAnalyticalThinker t1_j2kjdkb wrote

Not in my opinion. I have the PS5 with PlayStation Plus as well as a Nintendo Switch OLED. PS5 more than covers my gaming desires and the Switch OLED is there for games that I cannot play on PS5 such as Zelda BOTW and Triangle Strategy.

Unless there is something that you just HAVE to play on Xbox, I would save your money.

ed8breakfast t1_j2o4swm wrote

For me, game pass is a really great way to try out new games, PS plus is far behind game pass in games. In short I use my PlayStation for exclusives, and my Xbox for branching out, and finding games i absolutely loved, like High on Life.

TheAnalyticalThinker t1_j2o5cye wrote

That is fair. I do not really branch out. Call of Duty and Fortnite to play with my wife’s brothers and then MLB the Show, Madden, and some Exclusives. Hence why I only did PS Plus Essential. I just need online access. That said, every gamer is different and thankfully there are options.

ed8breakfast t1_j2o6hif wrote

Agreed, different gamers like different things, and being civil about our opinions is the best way to communicate them, I like how your response wasn’t just you’re wrong, I find that too often on r/consoles

Budfrompsych OP t1_j2knruu wrote

I think your advice might be the best one as far as the truth. I don’t really need it/most of the exclusives are only okay to me and not must haves

Mccobsta t1_j2m2f24 wrote

Oh definitely especially with a load of new exclusive to the current gen systems coming out

Rory_Doors t1_j2mt4pz wrote

Nah, just get a one x or a one s, runs the same games with discs for waaaaay less

oldlairdie t1_j2n5vfx wrote

I have both... find the series X loads into online games faster... you wont regret that purchase... you can still play blue Ray stuff as well

__TOURduPARK__ t1_j2n83zx wrote

For sure. The tech specs vs price point are pretty wild.

johnis187 t1_j2neywa wrote

I see that you bought one great choice this is the second time I have owned an xbox and PlayStation in the same gen (last one was ps3 and xbox 360) I hated my xbox then this time around I'm so happy I got the xbox something for every member of the family forza for the kids skyrim for my girl. I dabble in and out (until starfield) but I love my PlayStation still PlayStation plus is starting to lose its appeal cos of gamepass

suboxone2394 t1_j2nx2p4 wrote

It's worth every penny beats my one x by far

PrinceDizzy t1_j2mhftn wrote

Yup the Series X is a beast and is more powerful than most gaming PC's.

NoSprinklesplz t1_j2o2vk2 wrote

No it's not, it's just a series s with slightly better graphics and a bit more storage, don't waste your money

ed8breakfast t1_j2o484y wrote

Much better graphics, and twice the storage, series s outputs at max 1440p but if you are playing on a TV, which I expect most of you are, there are no 1440p TVs, so you will be likely playing at 1080p, the max fps you can run is the same on both consoles, 120fps. Also the series x has a disk drive, they are both great consoles, and they are for different kinds of gamers, if you have game pass, and are exclusively using game pass, then the series s out ways the series s, but if you enjoy 4K and use the disc drive a lot, I would say you’re best bet would be the series x

Budfrompsych OP t1_j2oaq8g wrote

Actually, I play on a 4k tv and have the option to drop to 1080p for 120hz

ed8breakfast t1_j2ob6v7 wrote

Oh yes, I forgot the series s can upscale to 4K, but series x can play true 4k

GR00VYGH0ULIE t1_j2obefx wrote

The X has more than a bit more storage. I have 2 enormous Call Of Duty games installed on the internal storage with even more games installed (plus external HDD for 360 and Xbone games.) It's totally not a waste of money for what you get with Series X. The Series S with its 300gb usable is a waste of money.

Dr_FartBalls t1_j2l7qt3 wrote

Sell ps5 put the money together and build a pc

−4

ed8breakfast t1_j2o502n wrote

I was looking for a PC elitist somewhere in here, funny, there are usually a lot more