Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

platinumsplattingem t1_j2wvjd3 wrote

As someone who moved from Xbox to Playstation, I would suggest Playstation if you’re more inclined on story/solo games and some famous games like The Last Of Us, God Of War, etc. Xbox is great for multiplayer games and if you like Halo then buy an Xbox.

Personally, I moved to Playstation as I had no one to really play multiplayer games with and it is more fun to achieve trophies on PS as they have more value. Completing games to 100% on Xbox is not as rewarding as it is only 1000 Gamerscore (mainly) per game and I was looking for a bigger reward for completing games to their optimum. If you’re looking for a more rewarding system convert over to PS as you can trophies which mean more, there are bronze, silver, gold & platinum trophies.

However, Xbox is way better at backwards compatible games like you can play Xbox 360 games on a Xbox Series X and even original Xbox games like Red Dead Revolver, Silent Hill games, old CODS & more. Backwards compatible games on PS are lacklustre, you cannot get PS3 games on a PS5 mainly - only if you have Playstation Plus by which you can stream them with but only a select few on the service. If you’re fancying Red Dead Redemption 1, that game is only available on Xbox too as Playstation no longer has it backwards compatible, you’d have to buy a PS3/2/1 if you want to play older games.

I did have Game-pass but none of the games on Gamepass really captured my attention to be honest. If you want a wide selection of games for cheap then choose Xbox as you can also play the Xbox Gamepass games for free on PC with PC gamepass. Not to mention, you can get Fifa and stuff for free on Gamepass if you’re into football or any type of sports games tbh.

In my opinion, I found the exclusives were my main incentive to move onto Playstation as the solo games/story games were very limited on Xbox and exclusives on Xbox seemed to be Indie games that I was just not interested in. If you prefer to play alone and like to play story games then Playstation is good for you (Playstation also has a lot of multiplayer games but their access to older multiplayer games are limited such as old PvZs (which has servers still full on Xbox)), but if you want to play online with multiplayer and sports games then Xbox is better for you.

I’ve looked in the comments and I wouldn’t even recommend choosing Nintendo Switch if you’re looking for online shooter games.