Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

1northfield t1_j3ve87y wrote

All games have areas of ‘bad’ graphics, even something that looks as great as Horizon Zero Dawn has some issues with shimmer around some objects that could be equated to being bad, it’s the overall look and feel of a game that’s more important visually, it’s worth noting that great graphics means nothing if the game itself isn’t good.

THEY_CALL_ME_FACE OP t1_j3vf8tf wrote

Nah what I mean is there a Playstation 5 video game that people say "awe man that video game has horrible graphics, those graphics look wack, choppy, jagged, etcetera" (If so what is that video game)

1northfield t1_j3volfh wrote

I mean, you can go on the PS store and find lots of indie games with terrible graphics and performance (and lots of great ones too), if you are talking about bigger titles the the recently released Gotham Knights had some pretty bad performance issues but this is mostly down to optimisation rather than the PlayStation struggling with the graphics. The PS5 (and Series X for that matter) are basically equivalent to a mid range PC from about 2 years ago, fantastic bang for your buck though. Bad graphics tend to be more about the developer rather than the hardware, either a game is not well optimised, not well funded, not well designed or overly ambitious, perhaps even a combination of all of these and ‘bad’ is also subjective , some people think 30fps games are bad and janky but others are fine with it