Submitted by Prestigious-Mine-513 t3_10gavr0 in consoles

I've got two 5-year-olds who love the Nintendo Switch, but I am finding it difficult to find any good games that either support couch gaming or split screen, but also don't leave the one playing the 2nd character out, yes you Bowsers fury.

Currently, they do LOVE "Kirby and the Forgotten Land" which isn't too hard for them to play.

Kirby's Dream Buffet was fun for a short time but got pretty repetitive after a while.

Super Mario 3D World is pretty good and they do enjoy it.

Mario Kart they do enjoy at times.

The overcooked special edition is still in the progress of learning.

Luigi's Mansion 3 they do like but has some combos they find difficult to master at this point.

Star wars the skywalker saga they did find interesting but tricky with the controlling and rotating of the camera. Other than that one of few that has a split screen...

So question is, are there more games like "Kirby and the Forgotten Land" which isnt too advanced but also support two-player mode with equal roles?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

JakeHarry21 t1_j52aso9 wrote

Just get them kirby star allies of they 1 enjoy kirby and 2 play split screen

Prestigious-Mine-513 OP t1_j53wmjc wrote

So Kirby star allies have a fully split-screen campaign?

DGtalGee t1_j55iqny wrote

Captain toad: treasure tracker Yoshi's crafted world They both have a demo to try first before you buy them. Mario kart. If they are having trouble with the track you can enable the auto-forward mode and a guided mode. When the match starts press the pause button and it's either L or Y or A I think to toggle them off or on.

Prestigious-Mine-513 OP t1_j55n58k wrote

Captain toad and Yoshi crafted world got a fully 2 player mode? Similar to Mario World 3d?

Yea I think that auto-forward was enabled from the beginning from when we purchased it. 😉

DGtalGee t1_j576cal wrote

I'll have a look as I'm home now

SageMuffin98765 t1_j54btv7 wrote

There is minecraft

Prestigious-Mine-513 OP t1_j55i6eo wrote

As far as I've seen, there is no support for 2 players on the same Switch console in Minecraft. Or?

DGtalGee t1_j55jusy wrote

Have you tried signing in with another controller? You might need 2 or more profiles on the switch while u are playing in creative mode. It can be done on the ps4/5 and xbox.

Prestigious-Mine-513 OP t1_j55mr0m wrote

Will I then have to purchase Minecraft for the second profile as well?🤔

Usually, there's an option to choose 2 player mode and as far as ive seen there wasn't one in the Switch Minecraft. We also got 2 sets of controllers so were all ready to go.

DGtalGee t1_j55sefx wrote

No, it is fully split screen. You just need to accounts to do so. On the ps5 my son will start the game for me to join I press the option button and then I hold the triangle button to join after picking my profile. Or something like that.

Prestigious-Mine-513 OP t1_j55ur8o wrote

Will test it out some more. Thanks, had given up that game for them. 😉 Will update you if I can or can't figure it out.

Prestigious-Mine-513 OP t1_j571g97 wrote

I have it connected to the TV and when I try to hold the two top buttons I do get a message that it only supports 2 joy-cons or two pro controllers. 🤷

TigerGameDev t1_j56z8kj wrote

Why did you blow your money on switches for five year olds??

Prestigious-Mine-513 OP t1_j570lsf wrote

None of your business, and it was well worth it. They enjoy the Nintendo Switch and im considering purchasing a second one so they can have one each.

Now blow yourself away from here. 😉