Submitted by LuskTonto t3_10gep3k in consoles

From everything Ive read and heard it seems like it just barely made it past being a "flop" but still not very many people have switched. I know, for me atleast, Im not swotching from my xbox one or ps4 until they stop getting updated. And even then its going to be a struggle bc Im not able to just shell out over $500 for a box thats barely better than what I have. sure they load faster, and have better graphics, but my ps4 pro and a uhd 4k tv have out performed a ps5 on graphics multiple times.

So again why are they so expensive yet when its barely even an upgrade???

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

yaboyyake t1_j52j5bj wrote

It's definitely not a flop nor is it barely an upgrade. Idk what you're reading and who you're listening to. Games run smoother, faster, look better, are more immersive, and this generation only just began. Look at all the best PS4 games, most came out many years after the system was released.

PS5 has sold over 30 million units and Xbox has sold over 20 million so tons of people have switched, it's actually about on par with the last gen despite all the global problems. You can't ignore the fact that this gen came out during a pandemic, supply chain and chip shortage and judging this generation right now is ridiculous.

And if you believe this gen isn't any better than why do you care how much it costs, you don't need to upgrade 😂

JimAdams7 t1_j52f2h7 wrote

High demand and low supply especially on the disk models

its not a flop in the US anyways.

nathanwyer t1_j545pd0 wrote

Your ps4 pro outperformed a ps5? Lols.

vitrification-order t1_j52p9gi wrote

They’re so expensive because they are an upgrade, things are going to not be made for the previous gen pretty soon, and there have been major supply issues ever since their release.

Wise_Writing t1_j55mmq1 wrote

It's quite an upgrade, granted I think they will release a midgen cos what we all really want is 4k 60fps with rt on.. At the moment rt on means 30fps which feels unplayable after getting used to 60fps..but that's the big upgrade here cos once you start enjoying 60fps.. Its really hard to go back

Kear_Bear_3747 t1_j52jmke wrote

We’re lucky they’re as cheap as they are dude