Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Asuka-02- t1_j997vzu wrote

I love the Kane Pixels Backrooms stuff, like a lot, but can't say I'm wild about the entities design. Just seems....I dunno. It's definately weird and if it chased me I'd naturally freak the fuck out, but as a viewer of the series I wish it was more cosmic horror and less screaming ink blotch.

That having been said, the guy running into the entity in "Pitfalls" was pretty wild. "That's not a person....."

watevrits2009 t1_j99jv8w wrote

The sound they make is insanely good. A monstrous scream, technical feedback, and dashes of actual voice are awesome. But I agree it is a goofy design

SomeBoxofSpoons t1_j9c0bte wrote

I appreciate how now that it’s clear that a lot of the noises they make are “recordings”, if you go back to the first video you can tell that some of the sounds seem like a really distorted “oh god” repeated.

DeadSnark t1_j99ro4w wrote

I think it only works well in the analogue found film format, in that it looks like some kind of animate glitch in reality, something which shouldn't be able to move but does, and you barely get any good glimpses of the creatures so your mind kind of fills in how unnatural they are. Their weird glitchy movements and appearing to clip through the environment seem more eldritch in that format whereas in a more high-budget production they would look more like bad CG.

As a still image it doesn't work as well because you can just look at its whole body and see it's just a malevolent stick man.

Project_Ozone t1_j99iqrw wrote

Im pretty sure its supposed to be a mutated bacteria. They said they found a weird strain on victims of it.

Re-Ky t1_j99usep wrote

I wish he'd use other entities, original or otherwise. The burnt noodles man's fear factor has long-since died ever since the talking Ben backrooms videos.

SomeBoxofSpoons t1_j9c01tw wrote

I always took it as something meant to look unnatural. Like it’s a flawed imitation of life in the same way the Backrooms itself is a flawed imitation of our world.