Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Craptivist t1_j9uve1o wrote

Oh right. No moustache.

Thenderick t1_j9vchzv wrote

So I am not the only person that saw that post and reminded that with this...

Stock_Padawan t1_j9v75er wrote

This is great, you should turn it into a full deck. Iā€™d love to see your interpretation of other outer beings.

PointOfTheJoke t1_j9ur634 wrote

Ive been reading his complete works in order just to break up all the money books ive been into lately. This title specifically took my whole afternoon up without even realizing it. Such a good read!

MavriKhakiss t1_j9uluzv wrote

Superb rendition. It's the best one ive seen.

I always disliked the addition of wings by Lovecraft however, feels out of place.

j0j0n4th4n t1_j9uqvkd wrote

If I recall correctly they have one wing for each segment, not just two wings. I always imagined the wings to fold more like an umbrella than a bird wing so I don't see the issue with that. The problem is to draw them since their bodies gets too crowded with the wings.

Sir_AlexG t1_j9urnqo wrote

Im gonna be honest I thought that was blue eyes white dragon

Godmirra t1_j9x0e8v wrote

Teke li li. Teke li li.

Donitos2 t1_j9vaugw wrote

My favorite book of his and great art to match.

Adam_Smith_TWON t1_j9w2ww0 wrote

I haven't been following you but haven't you posted several Lovecraftian cards now? I love them all. How far are we from a full deck and when and where can I buy it? šŸ˜„

Cancel. I found your Kickstarter. But please feel free to pretend I didn't and shamelessly plug your amazing work šŸ–¤

Departedart OP t1_j9w44vz wrote

Hahhaha oh yeah there's a kickstarter xD I made two decks before this one. Both Lovecraftian themed šŸ˜„

Adam_Smith_TWON t1_j9w4joq wrote

This is gonna seem like such a ruse to everyone but I would be interested in purchasing them. Do you have links? I did try a quick Google search but Cthulu is everywhere and I wasn't sure I was finding your specific decks.

Departedart OP t1_j9w4se4 wrote

Pinned comment on my profile is for the kickstarter. Other decks can be found on Cthulhuproject.com

Adam_Smith_TWON t1_j9w5qiy wrote

Thanks dude. My SO is now also following you on tiktok šŸ˜„

Departedart OP t1_j9w60gh wrote

Ah, I have to post more often to tiktok xD but I'm lazy with video making

Adam_Smith_TWON t1_j9w6jys wrote

Keep up the great work man. Ordered a deck from your shop. Will back your mountains of madness one after I get paid.

Adam_Smith_TWON t1_j9w6lhs wrote

Keep up the great work man. Ordered a deck from your shop. Will back your mountains of madness one after I get paid.

Flylite t1_j9x23it wrote

Love the playing card series you're making! Will there be a king card that features the King in Yellow? Missed opportunity if not.

Departedart OP t1_j9xnv5s wrote

Thanks! This deck is focused on the creatures from At the Mountains of Madness, so no King in Yellow, but! My previous deck was Cthulhu Mythos, and he is king of Diamonds in that one šŸ˜

Flylite t1_j9xocr4 wrote

Hell yeah! I'll have to check it out!

​

Edit: And it's better than I could've asked for!

Zero_Digital t1_j9vwxy9 wrote

Your art is amazing. The one thing I didn't see was giant penguins, they would make a great Joker for your deck.

Departedart OP t1_j9vx3gz wrote

Thanks, they are King of Clubs. Joker's are something different šŸ˜

Zero_Digital t1_j9vx7dr wrote

Just as you replied, I saw it. I just didn't scroll far enough

D_ROC_ t1_j9w2abj wrote

It should be stabbing itself though

GatedGorilla t1_j9w2h1l wrote

HP Lovecraft reference???

Adam_Smith_TWON t1_j9w3i5o wrote

Yeah. They already have a Cthulu mythos deck out and they're raising funds for an At the Mountains of Madness deck

Cley_Faye t1_j9w3ngz wrote

A whole new kind of suicide king.

md22mdrx t1_j9wrjjz wrote

No penguin in there somewhere? šŸ˜

mimi_yayaya t1_j9xrq3s wrote

This is incradible šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ«¶

bootnab t1_j9y14pk wrote

The artist is doing a whole deck, pips and face cards. Top notch work